Hello fro Hungary

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

hirschhs
1.8 16v

Hello fro Hungary

Post by hirschhs »

Hi, just bought a 'mature' :cheesy: 406 and my first question is what does svdt stand for?
I bought this as a long distance load carrying cruiser based on an even older one I had a few years ago. Looking forward to using the old girl and also this resource!
Thanks
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Hello fro Hungary

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there, welcome :cheesy:

I say, your English is rather good, are you another ex-pat?

SV is probably the trim level, mine is an ST (although I don't think it has anything to do with sanitary towel...) In the UK the trim/equipment level is still stuck in the days of Super Deluxe Grand Sports Tourer etc but in mainland Europe they seem to have these S levels, I've no idea how the two equate but they're probably just as meaningless...

The DT probably means it's a diesel turbo. Or rather turbodiesel if you want to be all German about it :supafrisk:
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Hi & welcome to the forum. 8)
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
Ares
3.0 24v

Post by Ares »

Welcome to the forum,here you will find tons of usefull information,i know when i got here first time i was reading this like my life depends on it :P
hirschhs
1.8 16v

Post by hirschhs »

Hi, thanks for the warm welcome! In fact I'm a Brit by passport just back from 2 years in China, married to a Hungarian so living in a village near Budapest.
I love the 406 all the more so because Jez Clarkson is so rude about our Peugeots!
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

hirschhs wrote:Hi, thanks for the warm welcome! In fact I'm a Brit by passport just back from 2 years in China, married to a Hungarian so living in a village near Budapest.
I love the 406 all the more so because Jez Clarkson is so rude about our Peugeots!
:arrowu: :lol: :arrowu:
what does that balding / overweight / pompus t**t know except if he dosn't like you or them they sould be shot/in the face/in front of their family... T**T :!:
Rant over, Oh & welcome on in :lol: , BTW I like top gear just Jezzer can be such a Knob :twisted:
Last edited by dirtydirtydiesel on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
hirschhs
1.8 16v

Post by hirschhs »

Agreed - I am also a TG fan - love it but a little independent thinking goes a long way too!

Having the timing belt changed next week along with gearbox mountings - there's an odd to and fro rocking movement when idling; sometimes non existent, sometimes quite noticeable which I originally thought was engine mounts but the nice mechanic says "nem" so we'll see...
3.0 24v

hirschhs wrote:Agreed - I am also a TG fan - love it but a little independent thinking goes a long way too!

Having the timing belt changed next week along with gearbox mountings - there's an odd to and fro rocking movement when idling; sometimes non existent, sometimes quite noticeable which I originally thought was engine mounts but the nice mechanic says "nem" so we'll see...
It is probably the torque mounts/engine mounts, mine are on the way out & it's only done 79k. Theres one at the back of the gearbox on the underside that the driveshaft passes throu & one at the top on the left hand side veiwed from the front with the bonnet open ( on the hdi anyway ) near the ecu / fuse box.
Hope this helps Paul. :) :)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:

hirschhs
1.8 16v

Re: Hello from Hungary

Post by hirschhs »

thanks Paul. In fact we changed one worn top (right) mount but the mechanic thinks it is the air intake sensor. I also have a slight oil leak on the back of the engine but we need to clean it off to see where it's coming from... (Mods: please feel free to move this if I have gone off topic... :? )
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

The old TDs are good at oil leaks, might be the rocker cover. How old are the injectors? They don't last forever...
dirtydirtydiesel wrote:what does that balding / overweight / pompus t**t know except if he dosn't like you or them they sould be shot/in the face/in front of there family... T**T :!:
Rant over, Oh & welcome on in :lol: , BTW I like top gear just Jezzer can be such a Knob :twisted:
He gets paid rather a lot of money for acting like that, I wouldn't take anything he says seriously. Especially not:
dirtydirtydiesel wrote:if he dosn't like you or them they sould be shot/in the face/in front of there family
Matt Baker [presenter]: Well Jeremy, schools, hospitals, airports, even driving tests, have all been affected. Do you think the strikes have been a good idea?

Jeremy Clarkson [guest]: I think they have been fantastic. Absolutely. London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you can whizz about, restaurants are empty.

Alex Jones [presenter]: The traffic, actually, has been very good today.

Jeremy Clarkson: Airports, people streaming through with no problems at all. And it's also like being back in the 70s. It makes me feel at home somehow.

Matt Baker: Do you know anyone who has been on strike today?

Jeremy Clarkson: Of course I don't, no. What, somebody public service? No, I don't. No, absolutely. But we have to balance this though, because this is the BBC.

Matt Baker: Yes, exactly.

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?
It's amazing how bad the press can make someone look if they only print parts of what they say :roll:

hirschhs
1.8 16v

Post by hirschhs »

Thanks for the hint on the rocker cover, Steve - that would be a nice 'n easy one to fix!
The injectors seem to be fine - no hint that they're in need of attention just yet... touch wood!
3.0 24v

Jeremy Clarkson: Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living? [/quote]
It's amazing how bad the press can make someone look if they only print parts of what they say :roll:[/quote]

:arrowu: :lol: :arrowu: :lol: :arrowu: :lol: :arrowu:

I have been watching Top Gear since before Jezza started ( yes I'm that old :oops: ) suffice to say I've witnessed him turn into a pompus self opionated TxxT!, I remember one time in particular, as being a motorcyclist it really offended me as he loves nothing more than to rag throu the country side in a really load Car!.
He stated that all motorcyclists should be shot in the face! :evil:

So don't pity the pompus TxxT or make it sound like the press edit things to make him sound bad because my opinion of him has come through years of listening to him drone on!

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

As I said, he gets paid to talk like that. I'd hope he isn't really as much of a twit IRL although I rather suspect he might well be something close. However, the "families shot in the face" thing really was misrepresented and everyone jumped up and down because of something that, for once, he didn't actually mean. I'll bet he didn't give a toss anyway.

hirschhs
1.8 16v

Post by hirschhs »

turns out the oil leak was the sump gasket - not an easy place to get to!
Hoping that's sorted now....