Brake pad light

Welcome to the 406 Owners Club (406oc.co.uk and pug406.co.uk). If you havn't registered, you can post in here, and find out what the site is all about!

Moderator: Moderators

Berni

Brake pad light

Post by Berni »

Hi guys - I have just bought yet another 406 Hdi 90 estate ( I luv 'em and have 3 now!). This one is a 2002 Rapier. When I bought it the pad/warning light came on when I touched the brakes. This didn't worry me as I always fit new discs and pads when I buy them ('And usually change the indicator stalk as a matter of course!). However this time I got my main dealer to fit the discs and pads (I'm older these days!) and they report back the light is still on when braking. They tell me that there used to be a fault where they needed to fit a resister to the circuit to cure this but they can't find the documentation concerning this -any ideas? Nothing wrong with brakes or fluid level and, I assume that they have checked for earths on the sensor cable. Anyone got any knowledge of this? Also the radio won't receive am. I have removed trim and checked out the (active?) aerial. Due to my age I don't understand the two cables coming from the aerial base and can't find where they go too. I know it has an amplifier somewhere under the glove box but being a simple guy am lost on this one too! The garage bailed out on this one too. Before I give up and fit a replacement standard aerial to the front (similar to the saloon) anyone got any guidance on this?
Berni
V6Exec
3.0 24v

Re: Brake pad light

Post by V6Exec »

The fix to the brake sensor light being too sensitive was to cut the wire and install a 330 ohm 2w resistor in series. The official instruction requires the modification to be made to the 180 pin connector to the instrument panel on pins 4 & 5, however it may be simpler to install it at the brake end.
Remember - it only takes a few inches of water to drown a 406 don't make the same mistake I made! The V6 Exec is no more.

406 Coupe S HDi

PP2000 clone interface
Berni

Post by Berni »

Many thanks for that - I'll give it a go
Berni
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

Berni wrote:Also the radio won't receive am.
I believe the AM/MW aerial is inside the stereo itself?
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang