Unanswered posts!

We tell you what we're doing, you tell us what we're doing good or bad.

Moderator: Moderators

diesel-dog
1.8 8v

Unanswered posts!

Post by diesel-dog »

There seems to be a lot of unanswered posts here, a lot of these new topics posted by new users.

I havn't been a user for too long, and have found that my new topics have had little feedback. There is a lot of information on here that I have found extremely useful, and I know that if I use the search facility, there is a high probability that my question has already been covered, and i always do this before I ask!!

Maybe the reason for the high amount of unanswered posts, is that long standing members feel that the topics have already been covered, and if this is the case, maybe a line suggesting to hit the search button is in order, rather to leave them out in the cold! It feels like this is an old boys club, where newbies are looked over until they prove their worth! :|

Just a thought! :P

Will take cover now until the dust settles, think this topic maybe the one with the most replies i've had yet!! :cheesy:
If she aint smoking, we aint moving!!
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Well you... #@c?!nt f#(# b011#?> FFS.. :D

Just kidding, sorry I've not been around much, but usually posts are responded to quite quickly and they are never usually left unanswered, maybe you've asked the wrong questions? *shrugs* ???
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
xplosiv
2.0 Turbo

Post by xplosiv »

maybe you've asked the wrong questions
Do you work for a marketing company :)

Andy
TooT
3.0 24v

Re: Unanswered posts!

Post by TooT »

diesel-dog wrote:It feels like this is an old boys club, where newbies are looked over until they prove their worth! :|
Ive not been here much longer than you mate and ive always felt at home as soon as i joined. I personally feel that the good folk on this is site have always excepted me considering that i dont know much mechanically about cars so dont really have much to contribute, but its not really about that, we all share the same [s]problem[/s] interest here our 6's. Get in on the banter :cheesy:
2006 207 GT THP 150
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Sorry to hear you have felt a little bit left out DD... not really been here that long myself
but have found the ppl here friendly and very informative.... i know what you mean about unanswered posts
sometimes i look at them but as i cant contribute anything do not post and think
there may be a few others who do the same.... i hope it dont put you off its a good site and can
be a right laugh ..... :D
.. ooh are those drugs for me Matron
diesel-dog
1.8 8v

Post by diesel-dog »

puggy wrote:Sorry to hear you have felt a little bit left out DD... not really been here that long myself
but have found the ppl here friendly and very informative.... i know what you mean about unanswered posts
sometimes i look at them but as i cant contribute anything do not post and think
there may be a few others who do the same.... i hope it dont put you off its a good site and can
be a right laugh ..... :D
Its a good site, for sure, I have learn't so much about the old 6 since i've been here. :D

Just pointing out the post issue, maybe its just me!? :idea:
If she aint smoking, we aint moving!!
TooT
3.0 24v

Post by TooT »

puggy wrote: i know what you mean about unanswered posts
there may be a few others who do the same....
Yeah me too. I wish i knew as much about cars as james :frown:
2006 207 GT THP 150
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

xplosiv wrote:
maybe you've asked the wrong questions
Do you work for a marketing company :)

Andy
Marketing..... tele-sales..... general advertising..... :shock: Errrmmmmmm NO!

Can't say I did..... but that was the wrong question wasn't it?

Want to reach out to your potential customers and make your presence know as an industry leader.... then look no further than dial a...... yeah right! Suck it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Unfortunately it can take quite a bit of posting to build a raport with regular users but no one should really feel left out. I am glad you pointed this out and we should all take note here.

I found when I joined that this place was small enough to 'join in' quite quickly. And now look at me - I am probably the most annoying member here posting all kinds of old crap without any fundamental knowledge or background.

Keep posting fella your very welcome here, as is anyone.

I have a small confession actually - I have not ordered a club sticker from Dai and he probably thinks I'm a right Skank for this but if I'm honest I don't really fancy a sticker on my car, I've never put stickers on any of my cars.

So there, I will probably be shunned for this alone in fact I don't think Dai likes me any more :cry: :cry: and yet I really like him, he's tall , good looking, Welsh, funny, oh well.

Welly.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Welly ??? nah never heard of him :shock:

what's that you say ... stickers ... yes ace they are Dai did us proud :D :D

no i told you never heard of any fooker called welly :cheesy: :cheesy:
puggy
Resident Pervert

Post by puggy »

Welton wrote:
So there, I will probably be shunned for this alone in fact I don't think Dai likes me any more :cry: :cry: and yet I really like him, he's tall , good looking, Welsh, funny, oh well.

Welly.
Good job mrs welly doesn't read this :shock:
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I don't post on question threads when I don't know the answer and can't suggest anything...

It really irks me though when people 'bump' their questions or demand that someone answers it... It makes me want to post something terse and rude in reply...
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

mjb wrote:I don't post on question threads when I don't know the answer and can't suggest anything...

It really irks me though when people 'bump' their questions or demand that someone answers it... It makes me want to post something terse and rude in reply...
tut... tut! :frown:

If you bump they will come... :shock:
Niz406
--------
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Welton wrote:Unfortunately it can take quite a bit of posting to build a raport with regular users but no one should really feel left out. I am glad you pointed this out and we should all take note here.

I found when I joined that this place was small enough to 'join in' quite quickly. And now look at me - I am probably the most annoying member here posting all kinds of old crap without any fundamental knowledge or background.

Keep posting fella your very welcome here, as is anyone.

I have a small confession actually - I have not ordered a club sticker from Dai and he probably thinks I'm a right Skank for this but if I'm honest I don't really fancy a sticker on my car, I've never put stickers on any of my cars.

Welly.
I didn't know you cared sweetie :lol:

Little sticky sticker, internal, in the back window, entirely inoffensive - you knows you wants tooooooo :cheesy:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I miiiight buy a sticker (if only to keep you happy love) but I would have prefered it to be a teenie weenie bit smaller, like discreet but I am fussy like that.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work