What do Great Britain's worst motorists drive?

Polls go here.

Moderator: Moderators

What are the worst kind of drivers on the roads today?

Focus/fusion drivers (with or without purple rinse)
2%
White van drivers
20%
407/Vectra drivers (otherwise known as reps ;-p)
No votes
Volvo drivers
9%
Flash gits in very expensive sports cars
2%
4x4 drivers (otherwise known as school run Mums)
14%
Learner drivers in their mum's/dad's car
7%
Caravanners (with or without the Volvo)
4%
Foreign drivers (who made their licences out of cereal packets)
16%
Corsa/AX/Clio drivers (otherwise known as 'Chavs')
27%

Total votes: 56

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

You forgot probably the most obvious choice.......

'Old People' drivers. :roll:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

All of these annoy me! LOL

I chose Van drivers as the buggers seem to wait for me. I can see them pull up to the junction with the road I'm cruisng at 55-60 on, then wait till I'm 30 to 50 yards away before pulling out on me and proceeding to smoke their way to 35mph where they stay.

One particular, relatively new, annoyance is Citroen Picasso drivers. They ALWAYS hold you up and allways pull out on you and fail to keep up with the flow of traffic.

And Taxis... what's their problem?? If in front of you they insist on doing 20 in a 30 zone, 40 in a 60 zone and hogg to outside lane of a dual carriageway or motorway doing 50.

But when they are behind you, no matter how fast you'r going, their grille is firmly up your rear end.
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

I put volvo drivers, but they're really not too bad nowadays. It's the grannies driving Micras, 106s, Puntos and Rover 25s that are the worst. I've noticed recently it's also them that cause most of the delays on the motorways, causing trucks to queue up in the middle lane to get past them.
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

its those drivers who dont have a clue about which lane they should be in, they always seem to want to be in the outside lane doing 10 m.p.h under the speed limit when i want to go at the speed limit(ok just over it then)its not about the vehicle its the driver, after all supafrisk taxi drivers are rated among the worst but i dont consider you a bad driver, by the way just so everyone one knows i'm a van driver (it used to be white but new ones silver)
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

All of the above... Seems everyone on the road is an idiot....

Actually, that's not fair. To be honest, most drivers are OK and don't cause me any hassle, but there's always one t**t in front of you doing 40 EVERYWHERE (i.e. a mum in a 4x4 or a Volvo) or any of the above from the list :D
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

Sorry Supafrisk :? but 'round here taxis are the clear winner, closely followed by the small private busses. Taxi drivers in this town are hopeless, they pull in, pull out, turn, cut you up & double park all without indicating (in fact they never EVER indicate). They think nothing of blocking roads while they wait for their fare rather than pull in to a vacant space 10 yards further on. They brake suddenly and unexpectedly so that they can let their mates out of sidestreets and my personal favorite is that they like to stop on roundabouts causing major congestion, and wave out a whole stream of cars because they've clocked another taxi 6 cars back in the queue!!!! I refuse to use local taxis, I could be pissed, it could be raining, I would still rather walk home than give my trade to these jokers.

Having said all that I've used loads of taxis in big cities all over the UK and am usually impressed, it's just the local ones that wind me up!

My other favorites, already mentioned by captain Jack, are the 40mph brigade. These are the folks who do 40 everywhere. Nice quiet country road with a 60 limit, they're doing 40, into a built up area with a 30 limit, they're still doing 40, never mind they'll pull away from me now. Oooh derestriction, I'll just get my boot down and ..... bugger, I've caught mrs 40 back up! Onto the motorway, they tootle right down the middle of the slip road so you can't pass, then drive straight into the 70mph traffic at 40, without indicating or even looking, causing people on the motorway to brake or swerve!!!! IDIOTS!!! :evil:

.....and breathe!...... :D
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

And taxi drivers.. :O
Thanks,
Nick
DaiRees wrote:I got the "premium" standard fit system in mine, 10 speakers, changer, JBL amp. I'm quite happy with it for listening to the radio / CDs or my "teach yourself Welsh" stuff on the way to work :lol:
Foxy
Forum Admin<BR>Know it all

Post by Foxy »

Cant beleive theres no BMW driver on there!
Used to own the finest 406 in the UK - RIP
Blue406
406 Gimp

Post by Blue406 »

It's a shame the Taxi drivers in my area are all dickheads, cos 8 times out of 10 they're driving a 406.
DaiRrees summed it up fairly well about their driving habits. Its much the same here.
I tend to go out of my way and make life difficult for them.

For example, often I'll be on a dual lane road and will see a taxi race past the cars behind me, race in front of me then indicate wanting to go into my lane as the lane they're in is either about to end or turn into a Right turn only lane. I'll stick to the bumper of the person in front like glue and not give the taxi an inch.

I'm particularly callous when the buggers do no indicate (which is most of the time). My motto is, "If you don't indicate, I don't know what you want" So I'll feign ignorance. Often you can tell exactly what they want to do by the manner in which they position their vehicle, but I'll still feign ignorance.

Another favourite is trying to zip past me on the motorway or dual carriage way and cut me off by scooting across my lane and up the slip road well after the 200 yard marker.
Its easy to tell when they are going to do this by the manner they drive. I just use my superior acceleration and block em off.

:twisted:
neildavies
3.0 24v

Post by neildavies »

BMW 3 series, all day long. Seem to have some problem with leaving more than 6 foot in front of them and behind you (i.e tailing).
Not a problem for them if they hit you, as they're nearly all company cars these days anyway.So many about that they've ruined any prestige they used to have.

If I had to pick from the list, it would be learner drivers. OK fair enough, we all had to start somewhere, but do they have to be on the roads at rush hour when your trying to get home for some food. The traffic lights don't let enough cars through now, so the last thing you need is to have to wait for someone to mirror, signal and stall.

Anyway, that's my rant

Neil
2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCi
2007 307cc Sport 2.0 HDi 136
Gone but never forgotten: 2002 406 Coupe SE 2.2 HDi
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

1) Taxi Drivers
2) BMW / Merc / Volvo / Jaguar / Rover 75 Drivers
3) Any car with a Female Driver :D

LMAO....

Gordon McKiver - Sunday Driver ! ! ! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
trem1
3.0 24v

Post by trem1 »

looks like taxi drivers top the list :cheesy:
johnd
1.8 16v

Post by johnd »

I don't mind taxi drivers they have a job to do and I rely on them on a weekend the ones that really drive me nuts is the local num nuts in their sticker infested 1.2 saxo's taking stupid risks just to be noticed.
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

First come old people and foreigners, then come most female drivers.

Then again I also hate most cars that are in front of me as i am a rather racey driver. :D
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
peterpies

Post by peterpies »

as new user to this forum and a taxi driver i should'nt really reply to this but here goes. i think all of the above drivers are all bad and taxi drivers are just as bad but one thing makes me laugh when i am driving round is young people in @*itren saxos and the like who think they are cool. i like to see nice cars and people showing them off but not these chaves. try a serch on google for "barryboys" and you will see what i mean you will be on there for hours what fun :lol:.let me no what you think.