To Finish The Car or Not ! ! !

Polls go here.

Moderator: Moderators

What should I do......

Get soaking wet and cold trying to finish the car for tomorrow...
65%
Stay nice and try in front of my PC and leave the car.
35%

Total votes: 17

niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

To Finish The Car or Not ! ! !

Post by niz406 »

ok guys,

So I just spent like the last three days sorting my car out ! ! ! so far this is the work that I have done:

New Crankshaft Bearing seal ( behind flywheel)
Skimmed flywheel
Fitted new clutch kit
Fitted Second Hyudralic Clutch assembly
Taken Exhaust to have Cat back on
Refitted gearbox
Refitted Intercooler & pipes
Radiator & pipes

Left to do is:

Fill gearbox with tranny fluid
Attach exhaust
Replace wishbone bushes
remount cross member
replace front discs and pads
Replace handbrake shoes and possibly discs and pads, depends on inspection ! ! !

Then but it throught its MOT tomorrow @ 2pm- THE PROBLEM:

Its absolutly chucking it down with rain and its cold, do I go out in my wet weather gear and plod on to get it done.. or do I quit and wait for the sun and play some games for a bit:)
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
nick
Site Admin

Post by nick »

its all about love. go for it! the car will thank you! :P
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I'd wait for the sun. :) Hate working in the cold wet.

or find a nice garage to work in.
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Well I just got back with all my other parts ! ! ! gonna have a cup of coffee to warm me up, find my waterproofs and then head out to sea ! ! ! well not quite ! ! ! But I'm gonna get it done....

I love my pug ! ! ! its time she was back on the road ! ! ! and raring to go ! !
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

The problem is the self imposed MOT deadline mate. Personally I'd leave it well alone. Crawling about under cars is unplesant enough at the best of times, let alone when you're crawling in a couple of inches of water. Nice weather forecast for the weekend - leave it 'till then if you can wait!
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
MaDc0w
2.0 16v

Post by MaDc0w »

I can't do any work on my car without wshing it at the same time :D

Don't worry, the sun will see your 406 and smile (like it should). :)

...oh and whats MOT? Inspectors?
Welton wrote:Couldn't help it........... at first it was the picture of the 2 tone grey 406........and then later the monitor just got sprayed
406OC Image Support
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

Well I gave up because the rain got too much, I was soaking absolutly everything from my T-Shirt, Boxers and socks ! ! and I was wearing overalls and a jumper just so you know how many layers ! ! !

The shower turned into a hurricane and I got soaked ! ! ! so I thre a tanturm and packed everything away.... man I hate not having a workshop.. Stupid car parking area ! and there my old man stands with a smile on his face in his super sized work shop wree he plays with wood ! ! ! you think he'd let me use it for my subframe but NO cannot get any oil or grease on his floor ! !

OK OK rant over, well its gonna have to wait for the weekend, theres a place where I can just take it and get it MOT'd there and then, whilst you wait.. but they close @ 12:30 so I really really need to get it done Tomorrow !
Niz406
--------
DaiRees
Site Admin

Re: To Finish The Car or Not ! ! !

Post by DaiRees »

:arrowu: :? :|

WTF???
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Re: To Finish The Car or Not ! ! !

Post by niz406 »

User deleted.....

SPAM ON SPAM OFF lol
Niz406
--------