Twas a novelty phone as was very small
Hindsight says a phone with screen is miles better
1999 D8.5 HDi GLX - Sold :(

2007 Mondingo Zetec - I seek forgiveness :( Bring back my 406
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Re: What mobile network

Post by FarmerPug »

did anyone buy into the moto razr craze. I recall the time when they were the 'big thing' at about £300, i had a nokia 3310. then they became dirt cheap i got mine at £30 in the argos sale
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

FarmerPug wrote:but the philips was about 15 years ago also and it was better, and for such a good phone, im suprised philips arent making many mobile phones these days.
philips are cheap crap, i wouldnt have any philips item nowadays no way

i bought a 42" LCD tv bout 5 years ago , didnt last 2 months, what a crap peice of TV that was.

also had a 28" tube tv back in the day when silver tube tvs were 1200, mine cost me 1500 from ron leigh

lasted 1 year and that went

to my knowledge now PHILIPS are crap
2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

philips are okay, my only experience of their stuff is a universal remote control. But for consumer electronics the japanese stuff is the best sony, panasonic, or toshiba seem like the best.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

My first phone was one of these
in 1997. I'm pretty sure it was on Cellnet (before they became known as BTCellnet :oops: ). At least it was GSM, the wife's first one ('cos I bought it fo her :roll: ) was a Sony "Mars Bar" analogue phone Image
Does anyone else even remember analogue networks? :oops:

As far as i can remember all my old phones (except one that I gave to a friend in need) are still here somewhere, it'd be interesting to see the evolution if I could be botherd to look for them. :supafrisk:
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

i bought one of them sony analogue thingies at a car boot sale, fully charged and the man said it worked great, got home to put in a sim card but no slot.
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

This was our first phone (including the Coca-Cola fascia):

We've still got it in a drawer somewhere.
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

talk about advertising space.
What sort of phones are you all on now.
DaiRees
Site Admin

Post by DaiRees »

HTC HD2
Cracking bit of kit. I got it specifically 'cos I was carrying a PDA and a phone up to that point. The OS is Windows Mobile 6.5 which can be pretty flaky, and the range of apps available in the windows marketplace is a joke compared to the apple or android apps. Owners were unofficially promised a free upgrade to WM7 on release but now that it's out microsoft are refusing to honour that :evil: . On the plus side the mobile versions of the office apps are pretty good and it syncs outlook flawlessly with my lappy, plus I've got some popular programs that would be expensive on other platforms :wink: . Camera is excellent, media player is good too but the battery life is pants, I charge it every night but if you have a heavy day with it it runs out before bedtime :roll: . All in all I'm very happy with it, it serves it's purpose as a business device with added nice stuff brilliantly, but when my contract's up, I might have to wave a white flag and get myself a toy, the iphone4 :supafrisk: .
Playtime_Fontayne wrote:"Dai Rees Supplier of Fine Automobilia. Established 2007"
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

ok heres mine a blackberry curve 8520
its the bog standard model in the blackberry range, the cheapest at £100. On the plus side it does everything perfectly, its battery lasts about 4 days, has great sound quality and sd card slot so has 16gb making an ipod obsolete especially with its 3.5mm jack, and the keyboards great for typing. On the downside it has no gps, and although ive some apps on it nothing really to blow you away. It does what it does brilliantly, and anything it does badly it cant actually do. But i do want to buy an iphone after this.
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

A quite old but very trusty Sony W610i. Battery lasts for ages even after all these years...

My work one is a very lovely HTC Desire (Android). One of the best phones I've ever had - shame about the battery life. I think I even prefer it to my girlfriend's eyePhone4.

2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
Gary406
The moderator with a 1.9TD!

Post by Gary406 »

this is my phone , it doesnt even have bluetooth camera,
i think its only feature is a coloured screen and the battery lasts days and days, i charge it once a week

it cost £3.99 brand new from the carphone warehouse
honest i do have this,

posh fancy phones have never been a big issue with me , as long as i can text and call i dont care :lol:
i have a digi camera for photos so why have a camera on a mobile phone ??
a phone basically in my view is to make and receive phone calls, just like a house phone
next there will be cameras on house phones, :lol: :lol:

plus if i loose this i couldnt care less IT ONLY COST ME 4 QUID BRAND NEW

2004 (04) Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDi (100)
FarmerPug
2.0 HDI 110

Post by FarmerPug »

remember when camera phones came out with the vga cameras, they were crap but the whole craze was to send picture messages, before that the whole craze was the different cases for the nokia 3310, and rember all them ringtones.