Diesel flat spots (aka my tank strainer's full of crap)

Knowledge Base Articles

Moderator: Moderators

swiss
3.0 24v

Re: Before and After

Post by swiss »

Think I'll be looking at this this month. Car's a year overdue for a service anyway ( :shock: ) and I've got a list of things to do as long as my arm...
The man with no car

"Close the door on your way out, and don't forget your monkey."
swiss
3.0 24v

Post by swiss »

Right, can't get the back seat up. I removed both my nuts (heh) and managed to prise the clips off the studs, but the seat barely moved. HBOL mentions pulling it forward and then up to free it from its locating lugs, but it just doesn't wanna come off.

Anybody help a simpleton out please?
The man with no car

Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

What I do is push the seat down and back, while trying to raise it straight after (if that makes sense). If you have small hands, stick your hand under the seat and you should feel the lugs/hooks there - it maybe easier to undo it this way.

Easier done than said in this case!
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - 2021: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
2021 - ????: 2016 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 180bhp Titanium
swiss
3.0 24v

Post by swiss »

Thanks Cap'n, got it done. When I removed the seat I found that some thoughtful garlic enthusiast had pop-riveted a thin steel plate over the plastic cover. I ended up sawing the head of one rivet and bending the plate up to gain access.

Of course when I finally got the thing out, it was absolutely spotless. Oh well, at least I can stop worrying about it. On the other hand the protective plate, having been bent back in to shape but unsecured at one end, is now rattling like a good 'un. So tomorrow the seat comes back off and the entire thing gets ripped out. Woo, yay.

In other news, I bought new sill rubbers from a local stealer. The passenger side one had a bunch of clips missing and the driver's side one didn't fit. Kept the receipt of course, so I've got something to keep me entertained for a little while come Monday...
The man with no car

Matt
2.0 16v

Post by Matt »

I took mine out for a look today but it didnt look the same as those pics so i put it back in without messing around with it, didnt realise there were different types..
2000 2.0 HDI Estate GTX 90 bhp