Washer Bottle - Capacity

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Washer Bottle - Capacity

Post by highlander »

Hi all,

I went and bought 5 litres of pre-mixed screenwash from Tesco earlier (they didn't have any concentrate left). I thought the washer bottle would take a couple of litres (my old Clio had quite a small bottle), and then I'd take the rest indoors.

I got bored after putting about 4 litres in the bottle :shock: How big is the washer bottle on the 406? Mine's a 5-door face-lifted saloon with 1.8l petrol engine (if that makes a difference).

Cheers
Graeme
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
mjb
Site Admin

Re: Washer Bottle - Capacity

Post by mjb »

There's two sizes, either 7.5 litres (off the top of my head) or 11 litres, ut you can always squeeze another litre in the filler neck and pipework :cheesy:

Fine by me, I can't stand dirty windscreens :lol:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Post by highlander »

mjb wrote:There's two sizes, either 7.5 litres (off the top of my head) or 11 litres
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I hate dirty windscreens too, but wow! They should have made the tank smaller and the engine bigger! :twisted:

Cheers
Graeme
2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior. SOLD :(
2008 (E60 LCI) BMW 525i M-Sport, 3.0 litre Petrol. Carbonschwarz Metallic. Black Dakota Leather and Myrtlewood interior.
406silverhdi
2.0 16v

Post by 406silverhdi »

Mine is huge, it gets filled up with the hose when i wash the car!
mjb
Site Admin

Post by mjb »

highlander wrote:I hate dirty windscreens too, but wow! They should have made the tank smaller and the engine bigger! :twisted:
V8s don't tend to go too well transversely mounted - there's no room left for the gearbox :( I'm happy with my V6, but I guess the extra room could be used for a honking great turbo or 2 though :lol:
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
omega
3.0 24v

Post by omega »

performance upgrade empty washer bottle add one liter of water 10mph faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madbaggie28
1.8 16v

Post by madbaggie28 »

i only fill mine every six months with water and a drop of fairy liquid
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

I used to do that but if I did that here it'd already have been frozen solid for a month. Works better with the real thing in it too.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I remember buying the FTO for her indoors and proudly cleaned the car up and checked it over and thought "I'll just top up the screen wash"........

This is when it started pissing out all over my feet :evil: turns out it had been in a mild front end crash and was most likely imported as a damaged repairable (much cheaper) anyway with the screenwash bottle being right out there at the front it got punctured half way up and was not noticed by the bodyshop :roll: consequently you could only drive about with 1ltr of screenwash in toe :roll:

carry on.........
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work