Dipstick for 1997 2.0 petrol turbo (XU10J2TE)

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

irrselvam
1.6 8v

Dipstick for 1997 2.0 petrol turbo (XU10J2TE)

Post by irrselvam »

Hi all,

I was hoping someone on here knows what the part number is for the dipstick for a 1997 2.0 petrol turbo (engine code XU10J2TE). I think it's 1174E2 (yellow handle - same as what I had) but I'm not too sure. The dimensions would be useful too. The handle on mine has disintegrated and I wasn't quick enough to stop a small piece going down the funnel - does that mean I need to think about an oil + filter change or something more involved like dropping the oil pan?

Cheers!
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Dipstick for 1997 2.0 petrol turbo (XU10J2TE)

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there!

Umm, let's see if this works. Huge URL is huge,,,
https://catalogs.ssg.asia/peugeot/?lang ... BwbGllcj09

Looks like it's 117422 - unfortunately nothing I try seems to bring up anything useful, not even a picture :frown: There's no reverse parts look-up on the site either, so I can't say what other cars you could get one from (loads of ebay but Im not sure I'd trust them)

I'm not altogether sure what it was that went down the dipstick tube, a piece of metal will *probably* just sit in the bottom of the sump while a piece of plastic could conceivably be sucked into the oil strainer, but is probably quite small. Up to you and your piece of mind I guess, I think you'd be lucky to retrieve it with an oil change (especially if it's metal) so the only way to be sure would be a sump off job (doesn't the engine need to come out?) and a reseal, which I suspect would be a total pita.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
irrselvam
1.6 8v

Post by irrselvam »

Hi,

Thanks for the link, 117422 and 1174E2 could be the same the same thing (typo perhaps?). I think I can get the latter off Ebay but I'll see if I can track down the former.

It was a small piece of plastic so will likely float in the oil, hence why I'm hoping an oil change will flush it out. But that may be wishful thinking. I think the oil pan can be taken off without the engine having to come out but resealing does seem like a faff.
steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

With PSA parts id's (usually) the first 4 characters are a type of part, the last 2 are a specific part (wanna dipstick for a 2.1td? It's part # 1174.31). In a search engine the 22 is coming up with a range of 2.0 na petrol engines, the E2 just brings up a 2.0 turbo in Pug, Cistern and (eww) Fiat flavours. This is avoiding ebay part's listings as they're notoriously crap. I don't think they could all be typos but they could always have got their info from the same incorrect source. You could always go to Pug themselves :shock:

Bloody PSA, why you kick me off service box? :evil:

steve_earwig

Post by steve_earwig »

Oh yes, let me take his opportunity to doff my hat to you for running a now 27 year old 406 turbo, I suspect they're getting pretty rare now :mrgreen:

irrselvam
1.6 8v

Post by irrselvam »

Thanks that's very good info on that part number formatting.

I've found someone who sells both 117422 and 1174E2 so I'll get the dimensions for both and compare it to mine. I suspect it'll be the former as I can't imagine the dipsticks specs are different for the NA vs turbo petrols. Especially since the XU10J2TE is only a mildly hotter version of the NAs. E2 could be for the turbo diesels as they were more common and shared across more makes?

I used to own a 406 2.0 HDi Exec and loved it so when this came up I thought I'd take a punt! I'm hoping I can get it to 30...
irrselvam
1.6 8v

Post by irrselvam »

If anyone is interested, part number 117422 works and is available online.