Immobiliser fault issue resolved

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Alex360

Immobiliser fault issue resolved

Post by Alex360 »

Hi guys,

Pleased to be on the forum.
Just wanted to say I have been reading immobiliser fault threads all week, however, it seems to have been a completely different fault for me.
It turns out, having just bought another 406 (in kit car form), they had a leak on the drivers window side, this has filled the window regulator box? up with water and it was throwing faults all over the place. I ordered exactly the same part number from good ol' Ebay, fitted it and fault has now gone.

Cheers

Alex
Now have 2 Ferrari replicas based on the 406 coupe, hope you all don't think its sacrilege!! :oops:
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Immobiliser fault issue resolved

Post by PeterN »

Just check that you don't have water under the drivers side carpet, there are a number of connectors under there.

Peter
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

Well done Alex.

There are the usual places to check for water ingress, and I have to say I wouldn't have thought the window regulator could cause immobilizer issues - thank you for pointing it out and hopefully this finding will help someone on the future 8)
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

The usual way for water to get into the car is via the interior door panel seal. If the panel is taken off for maintenance for any reason and not fully sealed when replaced, the water that gets past the window seal drips onto the back of the panel, runs down it and drips off at the bottom of the door. If the sealing plastic sheet gets torn, and it usually does, it lets the water in and can completely fill the cavity under the front carpet. Just make sure that the seal is in tact, it can be stuck together with and good sticky tape, even parcel tape will do.

Peter