Lumpy at 1500rpm (hdi90)

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cho99er5000

Lumpy at 1500rpm (hdi90)

Post by Cho99er5000 »

My 2002 406 estate 2.0 hdi 90 has a seen to be lumpy at 1500rpm not before and after at rpm. It does it when I’m in 4th around 30mph lite throttle on flat road and more positent going up hill in same gear and mph basically nominal town driving. Best way I can describe it its clutch juder you get driving in too high of gear and low of rpm but less aggressive more like a rocking moshion back and forth.

Iv got two idiots ever its the clutch (it’s quite high on biting pint) or there’s some kind of miss fire on the injectors (Siemens).

Any one had this or got any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Lumpy at 1500rpm (hdi90)

Post by PeterN »

Sounds as though its down on power on one cylinder at that speed, if you rev it to that speed stationary does the engine rock? Could be an injector fault although I have never had one but mine have all had Bosch injection.

They all tend to be a bit rough at 1500 rpm but I assume this is worse than normal.

Don't worry about the clutch pedal being high, as long as its not slipping, my first one was like that and I did about 60k miles in it.

Peter
Cho99er5000

Re: Lumpy at 1500rpm (hdi90)

Post by Cho99er5000 »

Would it come up with a fault code or am I better off just getting all the injectors recognition.
Iv all ready tried injector cleaner and changed fuel filter and made no difference.
I’m not sure if it’s down on power it naturally feels slow to me because I’m yous to my 306 that’s of stage 1 remap but the things I have noticed that the throttle doesn’t do anything for thirst 20% at any time and it struggles to get past 3200rpm about 80mph in top gear and fine in any over gear.