power loss and oil leaks in RHZ engine

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

lisboa
1.6 8v

Re: power loss and oil leaks in RHZ engine

Post by lisboa »

+Frog, as ever, thanks so much for your help and advice.

Today, we (the mechanic and I) managed to lock the car key inside with the engine running. Shutting the driver door seems to be automatically triggering the central locking (even when the key is in the lock and the engine is running). Not sure whether that indicates a problem with the central locking or is a valid optional setting (going to look carefully at the manual). Luckily the engine lid was open so we blocked the airflow to stall the engine and removed the battery terminal whilst we arranged to get the spare key. I'm so glad it happened here rather than in the countryside, or on a highway. Now I carry one key in my pocket and drive with with the other just in case.

yes, it is getting rather worryingly hot, isn't it? I keep seeing news items wondering whether all these events are linked (duh!) and it seems to me that we are determined to keep our heads buried in the sand (or, rather, we would if it weren't so hot).
frog
2.0 Turbo

Post by frog »

Seems you got all the gremlins at the same time :( No it is certainly not normal and not an optional setting. Optional is (on soms models) that all doors lock when you start driving, ie at some speed.

My coupe once did the same and had to be towed. Since then i learnt the habit of garagists of opening the window whenever leaving the key in the contact.

Hope for you this was the last little devil! :wink:
Current "fleet":
2003 406 Estate 2.0HDi 110 - 7 seater - just hit 690.000 kms :cheesy:
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.6i 8v 100

Previously owned:
2000 406 Sedan 2.0 HDi 90
2000 406 Coupé 2.0i 16v 138 - Riviera Blue

PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Netherlands.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Post by GingerMagic »

The doors locking themselves has happened to many people, me included ( luckily my window was down ) and it's also happened on Citroen too....
As frog says, I leave my window down, or one of the rear doors slightly open if it's raining - so it won't happen again....

Definitely not an option, the auto locking was disabled in my car, but it does seem to be a PSA glitch.
2003 2.2hdi estate - mine
1998 Volvo 940 auto estate - also mine
2019 Citroen C3 something - the wife's
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.