V6 (ES9J4) clutch cylinder

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

gyufa

V6 (ES9J4) clutch cylinder

Post by gyufa »

Hi Guys,
I'm new to this forum but I need a little help w my Peugeot 406. I hope I'm at a right place! :)
So my car is at the mechanic right now as I had a problem with a clutch (pedal to the floor, and it doesn't work at all). It turned out that the clutch cylinders (master and slave) need a replacement - so far it's fine.
My problem is that we cannot get the replacement parts... The mechanic has tried several aftermarket parts, but they didn't fit. Original part is not available anymore...
Could anyone help me, does anyone have a spare clutch cylinder? I'm attaching a few pics about them.

(The car details: V6 - ES9J4 engine, 1998, it's a 406 Break, but this doesn't really matter I guess.)
Thanks!
Attachments
IMG-0e9624b8d0b2da0617cd4d30a4292d5f-V.jpg
mjb
Site Admin

Re: V6 (ES9J4) clutch cylinder

Post by mjb »

If you can't find one in a breakers yard, I'd suggest seeing if you can upgrade to the separates system used in 1999-on 406s. Last time I looked, the cylinders could be bought from ECP or dealers for about £15, but you'd also need a new brake fluid reservoir and the pipework which might be harder to find
<steve_earwig> I think this forum is more about keeping our cars going with minimal outlay than giving our cars more reason to go bang
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Post by dirtydirtydiesel »

Don't know if it's any help but I have a 99 406 coupe 3.0 V6 ES9J4 it has a blead nipple on the system
So you should be able to retro fit it as we have the same engine.

Sorry I can't give more info tonight,
Failing that try BB Autos in Chesterfield they break a lot of 3.0 V6 coupes & send stuff abroad :)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue! ( found quite a bit more power :cheesy: ) SOLD I've sorted the airbag light :cheesy:
1998 3.0 V6 SE coupe in Diablo Red ( my baby ) sold
2006 206 1.4 16v sport in Aegean blue ( wife's shopping trolley :roll: )

2006 BMW e61 535d m-sport :supafrisk: run's for cover :lol:
gyufa

Post by gyufa »

Thank you for the hints!

In case I would change the system to the new one, which brand should I use? Which one means the less additional work? :)