HELP 2.0 hdi radiator bottom hose.

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

wookman
1.6 8v

HELP 2.0 hdi radiator bottom hose.

Post by wookman »

Can anyone help me source a bottom radiator hose for a 2,0 hdi?

I cannot believe somebody can't supply one. Any ideas?
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: HELP 2.0 hdi radiator bottom hose.

Post by steve_earwig »

Hi there, welcome.

I've just been having a look and it appears PSA are NFP'ing our cars out of existence, now many D9 cooling hoses are no longer available :evil:

No1 here?
D9 cooling hose.JPG
(129.16 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
It's got one of those damn bayonet fittings on the bottom so I'm not keen to suggest a breaker. There's also 3 possibilities, depending on build code (4 if it's a D8)

A swift Google later https://turbo-hose.com/1351.z9-peugeot- ... -hose.html

Maybe it would be an idea to get the correct part number, can I have your chassis number/vin?
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

wookman
1.6 8v

Post by wookman »

Hi Steve.
That looks promising. Thanks.
Vin number VF38ERHZE81104673
steve_earwig
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Post by steve_earwig »

Oops :shock: It comes up unknown vehicle - are you sure that's an E? F brings up a 406 estate section pack in china blue....

I don't suppose it matters much as the number is the important bit. Service Box he say 1351Z9

You could try the seller in the link but I've no experience of them. Or you could see what else Google brings up, or maybe Pugspares, GSF etc.
Unskilled meddling sin©e 2007

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
wookman
1.6 8v

Post by wookman »

Hi Steve.
I have taken a punt on your second link. Thanks. tinterweb and paypal scary stuff.
I let you know when and if it turns up.
Making bits like that unobtainable is poor from a major manufacturer.
wookman
1.6 8v

Post by wookman »

Gfs came up blank for bottom hose too. My local motorspares shop also came up short and they seem to be able to get most stuff.
Hopefully with Peugeot not servicing these parts any more somebody in pattern part land will step up and start to make the parts.
It is annoying to have the cars off the road for the sake of a water hose. On the other hand most cars needing such parts are not still owned by their original purchasers so the company has no loyalty to somebody like me who buys the car second hand. Still annoying though.
trufflehunt
3.0 24v

Post by trufflehunt »

The newest 406 is now 12 years old.

So no big surprise if for some parts, you'll need to cast around a bit.

The reservation I have about hoses on, for example, ebay is figuring out their source.
One of the common complaints that regularly occurs among 'classic' car owners, eg Triumphs,
is the quality of the Chinese manufactured pattern rubber hoses. Said to be no patch on the originals.
2006 Toyota Yaris 1.0 T3
1993 Mazda MX5 Mk1 1.6
2000 "W" HDI 110 Executive Saloon (Recycled).
wookman
1.6 8v

Post by wookman »

RESULT!
2.0 hdi back on the road.
Took the chance and ordered the bottom hose, took a week to arrive but I guess that is not too bad to get something from Turkey to UK.
The hose itself is a pattern part but seems to be more than adequate in terms of construction and fit.
It has only done a few miles so far but I will stick 180 miles on it tomorrow so I will let you all know.
So at the moment a cautious thumbs up for Turbo Hoses in Turkey [see link in Steve's post above] and big thanks to Steve for unearthing the link.
wookman
1.6 8v

Post by wookman »

At the risk of tempting fate, the Turkish bottom hose is holding up well. The only minor niggle was the retaining clip was not as good a fit as the old one so we reused the old clip.
MacMidlands

Post by MacMidlands »

Hi Wookman.
What Turkish supplier did you use. There's a hose 1351 Z9 for 35.86£ + shipping tax etc. and theres another for 18.00 £ + shipping. The later is a bit to good to be trusted maybe. Did you use the Turbo hose site or the Merchantex site. Sorry to ask, but Ive been ripped off before on these sites. Thanks for any help