Here we go again... Clutch/peddle problem

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

RayneR
3.0 24v

Here we go again... Clutch/peddle problem

Post by RayneR »

Well i have been massacred by problems in my 406 and this time is the clutch.

Some weeks ago i was having some problems with the clutch peddle that was coming more up forward than it's default position, but i simply put it back on it's place and it worked anyway.

Some days ago i had" ABS Anomaly " messaging and lights on dash on ( abs, brake oil light ), but this came and gone, and yesterday came again and went again. Don't know if this is anything to do with the clutch.

Now the clutch peddle just sat on the floor and only comes up manually...

BUT i can't put any gear!

Clutch was replaced some years ago...with 154000k kilometers done with a solid flywheel valeo now my car have 209000k .

So i'm done with new clutch ?
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
PeterN
3.0 24v

Re: Here we go again... Clutch/peddle problem

Post by PeterN »

I don't think that the 'ABS' light will be anything to do with the clutch, just coincidental. First thing to do is check the clutch fluid level in the master cylinder, could be that the rubbers have failed in that or the slave cylinder. If the fluid level is normal then I'm afraid you have a clutch problem, probably failure of the thrust bearing.

Mine has done 244k miles with the original clutch and DMF. I keep expecting it to fail but it doesn't.

Peter
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

The clutch fluid is the same has the brakes right ? If so, it's not leaking. Well it's at the garage for the guy to see what it is, can be something simple.

Thanks
2000/May 406 Estate 2.0 HDI 110bhp DW10ATED now with 205k km & now with cruise control & now remaped @ 134bhp :lol:
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Well I hope it is. :frown:
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

In case it really is the clutch, since i have a solid flywheel will i need a compatible kit ? or any clutch kit will fit ?

edit: also if it has any relevance at the first gear when you start to pull it judered a lot, not only if you rev a bit.
RayneR
3.0 24v

Post by RayneR »

Well apparently was something to do with the peddle that was something broken that it was related to the pump but it could be reconstructed and the peddle and clutch is working again !! the fix costed me 20 eur pretty cheap :evil: :evil:
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Excellent, don't get many repairs at that price.