clutch replaced in april...ill again!!

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

flyin2wheeler
1.8 16v

clutch replaced in april...ill again!!

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Back at easter,the clutch on my car let go.
It actually had not slipped but the pedal had become difficult,making foul noises when engaging the clutch, then... it let go and couldnt engage gear.
I was able to bump it down a hill and get it to the mechanics by clutchless gear change up as far as 4th and kept it there to the mechanics house.
so,local motor factors and I got a borg and beck clutch(90 bhp solid) kit.I think the mechanic also had to fit a new fork to or slider or something.
Now,its october and this clutch is slipping on hard acceleration from low down in 3rd,4th and 5th.
Its grand first and second but,I suspect im gonna be told I should have got a valeo kit.
Is there anything else except the clutch I have overlooked like the slave cylinder?
I do think though..its the borg and beck kit at fault.
I can live with it for now but it makes fast overtaking a bit of a suicide mission
also...the day before the clutch failed i pulled into a garage forecourt and clutched the car and turned it off...the pedal didnt return and stayed at the floor until the car was started.This car is a 04 90 horse hdi