406 2.2 hdi air in system?

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Re: 406 2.2 hdi air in system?

Post by vonEnoch »

Fall inside the engine....? At the end of the injectors there is a "plastic" cap on the new ones i can se on ebay. A question now. Is the cap also down there? Read somewhere that the cap should also be replaced. (Plastic in the engine......:/)... If it should be there then the cap is stuck down there also. Hmm...
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

vonEnoch wrote:Fall inside the engine....? At the end of the injectors there is a "plastic" cap on the new ones i can se on ebay. A question now. Is the cap also down there? Read somewhere that the cap should also be replaced. (Plastic in the engine......:/)... If it should be there then the cap is stuck down there also. Hmm...
As long as the hook does not fall inside the cylinder. Of course the copper washer and the plastic washer cannot fall down there, they are too big.
You must remove and replace both the copper washer and the plastic one. I honestly do not see how you cannot see the plastic washer. Either it's on the extracted injector (like in the uction pictures), or has rested on the top of the injector well (you can remove it super-easily), or there has never been one (very wrong!), or the one has broken and has fallen inside the well (very wrong too).

As for the injectors, just check the codes that are on top of it (there's a picture in the auction) and compare them with yours. They should be the same, apart from different class numbers (1,2,3, the biggest number there). I guess they should be OK since it is the same exact engine. After fitting change the PP2000 indication to class 3 injectors (if you buy those from ebay, that are class 3, and yours arenat already class 3)
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Took a pic. Not a sign of a plastic cap or even copperwasher. Or? Think the injector might have been replaced or taken of earlier by previous owner and they have "forgot" those things....
Attachments
Injector1.jpg
vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Any confirmation? No washer no cap on pic?
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Wow, that looks bad.
Someone took the previous injector out and
1- did not fit a new plastic washer
2- did not fit a copper washer (which is very very stupid)
3- fitted something that looks like a rubber washer down there? Can you remove it?
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Problem solved... Got out the washer.. it was copper but really stuck. Took a long bolt with threads. Same size as the hole in the washer, just a tiny bit bigger. Tapped it down little so it stuck and then pulled up the washer. Easy actually when i took little time to think how to get it up. Should work as a charm every time on copperwashers :)... No screwdriver or hook or whatever. Those plastic caps? a question. Is it the one that sits on the tip on some you see for sale?
vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

The cap. Is it 1 or 2? Maybe stupid question but havent ever worked with dieselengine and with injectors :). If i think this right 1 is just there to hold the washer on place during transport and 2 is the cap?
Attachments
Plastic caps.jpg
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

The number one is there just to protect the nozzle while handling the injector, you have to remove it when fitting.
The number two is the plastic washer we are talking about.

One thing puzzles me, the copper washers on those injectors are much thicker than mine. Since the nozzle position inside the chamber is crucial to say the least, before ordering I'd send them an email asking for 100% compatibility...

vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Yes they seem alot thicker than mine too.... But the numbers on the injector are the same as mine. Sent a question to them about it. Well, can take ones that cost only £60 each from another one but they "look" a bit more worn and are without protecting caps and washers (dont need washers thou)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

vonEnoch wrote:Yes they seem alot thicker than mine too.... But the numbers on the injector are the same as mine. Sent a question to them about it. Well, can take ones that cost only £60 each from another one but they "look" a bit more worn and are without protecting caps and washers (dont need washers thou)
Then just fit new washers from Peugeot directly (it's cheap) and you'll be fine. If the numbers are the same you should be OK.

What they "look" means absolutely nothing tho. How they are calibrated and how dirty and deteriorated are the interiors is what matters.

vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Yep. I will take two of the £60 injectors. Should be fine with them. Will post here when i get them in place and test if car works nice or at all :)
Thnx for all help.... thousand thanks....!!!
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

vonEnoch wrote:Yep. I will take two of the £60 injectors. Should be fine with them. Will post here when i get them in place and test if car works nice or at all :)
Thnx for all help.... thousand thanks....!!!
You're welcome. Any problem just ask.

vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Got the fixed now. It was injector 4 that was worst and no 2 was about to give up. The right order of injectors isnt 1-2-3-4 i discovered. If you stand infront of the car and look at the engine it is from RIGTH to LEFT 1-3-2-4. So the leftmost is 4, the next is 2 and so on.
Now im happy and even more in love with PeggySue ;)... strange thing this with cars..u may like them but its not before you have to repair them, find faults and fix them and so on you really begin to like them :) ... Same thing with couple of other cars i have had and repaired.

Anyways... im really thankful for all the help i have gotten here! Wouldnt have managed it without it. And it has saved me around 1000£.
So a BIG thnx all!!!
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

vonEnoch wrote:Got the fixed now. It was injector 4 that was worst and no 2 was about to give up. The right order of injectors isnt 1-2-3-4 i discovered. If you stand infront of the car and look at the engine it is from RIGTH to LEFT 1-3-2-4. So the leftmost is 4, the next is 2 and so on.
Now im happy and even more in love with PeggySue ;)... strange thing this with cars..u may like them but its not before you have to repair them, find faults and fix them and so on you really begin to like them :) ... Same thing with couple of other cars i have had and repaired.

Anyways... im really thankful for all the help i have gotten here! Wouldnt have managed it without it. And it has saved me around 1000£.
So a BIG thnx all!!!
This is what the forum is for!

Remember to keep reading and writing here not only when you have problems, keep the community alive!

vonEnoch
1.8 8v

Post by vonEnoch »

Np... will check in now and then :)