Clutch ~ Spring broken ?

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Catflem
2.0 16v

Clutch ~ Spring broken ?

Post by Catflem »

Here's hoping the forum clutch Guru's can save me a lot of inconvenience and money.

My clutch has started making a loud click when you depress the pedal about 3/4's of the way down. When approaching this point you feel a slight change in resistance through the pedal, you then hear and feel the click as you pass this point. The pedal then continues to the floor without any problems. There isn't any whirring sound that you usually hear when a release bearing is on its way out, so I've discounted the release bearing as being the culprit.

The clutch is operating normally, and you don't hear or feel the click when the engine is not running. The click is definately coming from the transmission/clutch area.

Its a 2002 HDI 90, and has covered 130K, and as far as I am aware its the original clutch (rural area, so not as many gear changes or riding of the clutch as you get with town cars).

My thoughts are that its probably a broken spring.......... but I don't know my backside from my elbow when it comes to clutches :oops: