Intercooler system -- Doser Valve

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

robbie

Intercooler system -- Doser Valve

Post by robbie »

I have a 110 HDi, 2002. Recently been through the process of resolved several issues surrounding brakes and no working of the turbo. It has had new vacuum pump, new activators from the vacuum, new brake master cylinder, new servo. In all, this seems ot have resolved the niggles of non functionality of brakes and turbo :)

The only issue I now seem to have is a small bit of oil just below the rocker cover on the right hand side which I originally thought was coming from the gasket on the rocker cover. It now looks like it is coming from the device in the intercooler pipework (not got a clue what it is or does) which has a small oil leak. There is the large pipe from the intercooler and this then goes to the rear of the engine with this 'device' in between. It does seem to have wires on it I assume going to the ECU somewhere.

Now, I firstly didnt think this had oil in it and secondly am concerned if there is a small amount of oil in there that it might get into the vacuum system and screw it all up again.

Any advice?? :)
Last edited by robbie on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DiscoPol
Shiny New C5 2.2 Bi-turbo!

Re: Intercooler system

Post by DiscoPol »

My guess would be its the "Dozer valve" and its normal for the pipework and indeed the intercooler itself to have a little oil in there, it comes in round the oil seals in the turbo if IIRC, people often take the intercoolers out and wash em out with petrol or the like to get em clean and gain a little boost in performance.

but remember this is all just gleaned info from the net so wait a while and somebody with actual knowledge will be along soon enough to put us both straight,

Welcome and hello by the way :cheesy:
Welly wrote:Well butter my arse!
robbie

Post by robbie »

Thanks for the welcome :)

I would expect a little oil in there, but the fact the unit (is this is the unit) is leaking a little oil onto the top of cylinder block.

My other concern is that when I was replacing the vacuum pump, pipework and acuator units on th ebulkhead, there was what could have been engine oil in the pipe coming from this unit near the vacuum pump. now if it is normal then fine, but I dont want the vacuum system damaging again by oil leaking :)
robbie

Post by robbie »

seems there is a similar (if not exact!!!) problem mentioned on here but no resolution for the problem

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7455

Any ideas anyone??
robbie

Post by robbie »

I am wondering if i could make a small flange/gasket and allow the unit to be turned through 25-30 degrees so it is above the horizontal . . . that way the oil would not drain down into the unit and leak!!!

Anyone have any comment(s)
lofty
2.2 16v

Re: Intercooler system -- Doser Valve

Post by lofty »

Both of my Hdi's oozed oil from here. According to my mastertech Pug friend, they all do it. :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2001 D9 406 Hdi 90bhp Rapier Estate - Platinum Silver
1999 306 GTi-6 Weekend Toy- Astor Grey
robbie

Re: Intercooler system -- Doser Valve

Post by robbie »

well I reckon i will see about making some sort of flange to allow the unit to be rotated so the vacuum part is higher than the horizontal, then the oil shouldnt leak. I aint into spending a fortune for Peugeots bad design!!! lol