an update to my post

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

chili
2.0 16v

an update to my post

Post by chili »

what the hell has happened found here

have been in touch with my insurance and have started a claim, i opted for the ball in the road thought child was gonna run out after it swerved to avoid, ended up on the kerb.
my insurance sent me to pug main dealer, they looked at my car wednesday and i think they were curious as to why there was no visible damage, anyway the guy has got me booked in for monday 8am for the car to be taken in and looked at.
my air con is buggered as i had a leak test, i have also found that i have movement on my rear near side wheel, if i grab the wheel at points 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock and i pull at point 1 o'clock i encounter a very slight knock and some play. it does not move or knock if pulled from any other point, so they are gonna look at that too as i had both wheels up on the kerb ;)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

I feel I must offer you a word of caution here chilli.

I would be carefull with your 'claim', the Peugeot dealer will find it difficult to report that the air con has suffered any damage in the scrape underneath, the play in the N/S/R wheel maybe a worn suspension bush or drop link.

The Insurance Co. may involve there own engineer to assess the car and he too may find no link between the incident and the faults.

Even if they agree to fix the wheel 'play' if you have to pay an excess on the claim this may be more than the cost of fixing that independantly at a Garage.
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

i thought of that too welton as looking at the car you would not think anything had happened. at the end of the day i did ground/bottom out part of the car, is it fortunate or unfortunate that there is no visible damage ? i have merely altered the events that caused the damage. as for the n/s/r wheel i had 2 new tyres a couple of weeks ago and i simply played stupid and said i did not notice anything abnormal when that was done nor did i have any strange knocking noise prior to my acident. i'll just play it as it goes and keep my fingers crossed.
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

well car is in garage.
so far diagnosis is

new front bumper, split underneath
and rear wheel bearing

they are unable to find any visible damage to air con so far ?? they are gonna put the leak test equip on it tomorrow and then its down to insurnace to say ya or nay.
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

£900 is the repair bill

they said air con has not been damaged by accident, i said excuse me m8 but it was blah blah blah. so far been very helpful got a brand new 207 to run about in.
insurance co have crashed their system so yet to find out if the repairs will be done, bloke dealing with me thinks i'm genuine :)
niz406
Admin <BR>Turbo God

Post by niz406 »

tut, tut, tut.... lol :D

Its called insurance but should be called "In case sh*t Happens" if sh*t don't happen then they should give you 50% of your money back at least !

*406oc.co.uk does not endorse such activities and so this post is made with the individual understanding this :D he he he
Niz406
--------
"Some Say he can fart fire, whilst others say he can urinate rocket fuel.... all we know is he's called... The Niz"
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Tut tut indeed..................

When our insurances go up next year may we all go round Chilli's house for a refund :lol: :lol:
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work
chili
2.0 16v

Post by chili »

2k wow

i do however think it is a good idea if you do not claim for say 5 years you should get 1 third to 1half of your premiums back, nice little bonus
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Post by Captain Jack »

supafrisk wrote:My V6 coupe is £500 fully comp :shock:
My mundane is £242 fully comp :cheesy:
Some people have far too many cars...
Davva2004
2.0 16v
Location: Stood beside my 406 with a sledgehammer, cursing everything French

Post by Davva2004 »

The Car In Front.... is probably one of Supas personal fleet! :cheesy:
[email protected]