Wobble when idling (faulty injectors) Now Sorted!

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Sonia406
3.0 24v

Re: Wobble when idling (faulty injectors) Now Sorted!

Post by Sonia406 »

I think I have the same wobble you're talking about, only happens occasionally and I also thought about the engine mounts or the movement limiter........
It has died on me once or twice coming up to a T junction so i automatically put it down to faulty injector or two....... I need to properly read this thread though... hope its sorted? :)
'Miss Pug' Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Petrol 'Family' Estate.
6th December 2011 - November 2014
24th January 2017 - Current (I bought her back!)
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy »

Sorted. (That was my original 406, aka 'The Dogmobile'), which I still miss. :cry:

My current steed, 'Nitric', is not yet run in at 97.5k and has no such jitters, (yet).
2002 HDi 2.2 Exec Estate, (2008-12) (wonderful)
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate (2012-19) (also a gem)
2009 Citroen C5 2.0 HDi VTR+ Estate (godawful heap)
2008 BMW E91 330i touring (great fun - murdered by a reversing SUV)
2007 BMW E91 325i touring (slower smoother quieter)
lozz
3.0 24v

Post by lozz »

Sonia406 wrote:I think I have the same wobble you're talking about, only happens occasionally and I also thought about the engine mounts or the movement limiter........
It has died on me once or twice coming up to a T junction so i automatically put it down to faulty injector or two....... I need to properly read this thread though... hope its sorted? :)
Sounds like your pug as got a iffy icv.
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Post by jonsowman »

Doggy wrote:Sorted. (That was my original 406, aka 'The Dogmobile'), which I still miss. :cry:
195k, need to book it in for a full service. Got a decent n/s backplate from Ade, waiting for an o/s one, since they're in a bit of a state!
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

lozz wrote:
Sonia406 wrote:I think I have the same wobble you're talking about, only happens occasionally and I also thought about the engine mounts or the movement limiter........
That's interesting because I thought it was to do with the injectors, especially as sometimes running idol after start up the engine rocks back and for.... I think I did upload a video to youtube but then probably removed it because I may have been lead to believe it was then normal :shock:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Sonia406 wrote:
lozz wrote:
That's interesting because I thought it was to do with the injectors, especially as sometimes running idol after start up the engine rocks back and for.... I think I did upload a video to youtube but then probably removed it because I may have been lead to believe it was then normal :shock:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- hp pump rail pressure precontrol valve
- EGR

A quick pp2000 check will tell you if the injectors are to be blamed. Look for injector correction numbers, should be small numbers (less than 2 at 2000rpm constant, 3 already means the injectors are not spot on)
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

OdinEidolon wrote:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- EGR

A quick pp2000 check will tell you if the injectors are to be blamed. Look for injector correction numbers, should be small numbers (less than 2 at 2000rpm constant, 3 already means the injectors are not spot on)

Ohh now that's interesting again because had the PP2000 hooked up not long ago and the injectors were not mentioned, but then again the car was engine was not running: does that make a difference? Interesting stuff to look at :)
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Sonia406 wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- EGR

Ohh now that's interesting again because had the PP2000 hooked up not long ago and the injectors were not mentioned, but then again the car was engine was not running: does that make a difference? Interesting stuff to look at :)
If the car's off the corrections will be 0 of course :cheesy:

Check te ECU section, then go under "parameters" or something like that, you have two different parameters selection. In one of them you can read the injector corrections. Hold 2000rpms and note the corrections, it's a very good estimate of the state of the injectors.
2001 2.2HDi saloon Executive (not the English exec, worse!) in Obsidian Black. Semi-Mux D9, build code 8761
Want a remap? Contact us, learn to do it yourself on ecuedit.com or let the professionals of editecu.com do it for you!

ecuedit.com | carecus.com | editecu.com | boschecus.com | carsrubber.com | egrswitch.com | car-specification.com
Bailes1992

Post by Bailes1992 »

OdinEidolon wrote:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- EGR

No it couldn't... she has a Petrol :wink:

Give it a good service including the spark plugs (make sure they are correctley gapped) and clean the idle speed control valve out.

Should sort your problem out.
2020 BMW 520d MSport Touring My Daily
2017 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5DCi Laureate Wifes
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi My Toy
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6 My Other Toy
Sonia406
3.0 24v

Post by Sonia406 »

Bailes1992 wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- EGR

Give it a good service including the spark plugs (make sure they are correctley gapped) and clean the idle speed control valve out.

:oops: Thanks ... I shall :lol:
Phew, at least I don't have to research what all the above are, and where to find them! :lol: :oops:

Just a woman guys, just a woman :wink:
OdinEidolon
3.0 24v

Post by OdinEidolon »

Bailes1992 wrote:
OdinEidolon wrote:
Could also be:
- hp pump
- EGR

:shock:
Whoops!
Sorry. Being this thread about a diesel I thought yours was diesel too. My bad.