ITs alive!!!1

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Malachy
2.2 16v

ITs alive!!!1

Post by Malachy »

i recieved my ford ignition yesterday and was busy all day setting it up getting the timing spot on, i turned the key andi got nothing, so i checked spark. The spark was very very good and i was baffled (duh) so iwent back to basics, it needsair, spark anddddd FUELLLL the fuel guage sitting on emptyhadnt triggered my dumbass brainto realisethere was no fuel in the car, so a quick trip to shell and a jerry can later of its finest liquer i poured the sweet juice into the tank.
i then thought nah ill be patient and recharge the battery, so took the battery off and left it to charge overnight.

at sunrise the morning i stepped out of bed in my pyjamas, laptop in hand and strolled out to the car, slapped the battery into the engine bay and spun her over.......

ITS ALIVEEE!!!!!

the engine spluttered into life spraying clouds of smoke everywhere running insanely rich that it should not of started in the first place (10:1 afr) soi changed my settings abit and got it idling at 13.7 14:1 afr

it needs me to do some tuning as it idles at 1200 rpm and is lumpy, it hunts a bit on idle and is slow to rev, the boost control does nto seem to be working properly and only boosts to 125kpa

BUT its alive and thats great progress, ill try and attach a video off my cam later (camera phonee unfortunatly)
1996 306cab with a few mods
1997 Mercedes C230 Kompressor sport
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Post by Welly »

Extremely well done that man.

How did you sleep all last night knowing you could start it up this morning, oooooooh it's like Christmas morning for you all over again.

*Books a slot for Malachy at Santa Pod 'Run what ya Brung' in October*
Cars in my care:
2021 Kia Spottage 1.6 Pez Turbo Dual Clutch Gearbox Trickery
2013 Renner Twingo - donkey work