110 hdi remap

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

skyinsurance
1.8 8v

Re: 110 hdi remap

Post by skyinsurance »

406executiveHDI wrote:define a modification. Because things like the extra lights in the boot, footwell and first aid box are modifications ive done, then the strut brace. does any of these things mean defining the car as modified?
ANY change to the vehicle from when it left the factory is (stictly speaking) a modification.

All those mentioned modifications except the first aid box should be declared.

If you picked a modification friendly insurer :wink: they would not cost anything extra at all, in fact in some cases, a modified car can be insured for a cheaper price than a standard car.
caprixpack
2.0 16v

Re: 110 hdi remap

Post by caprixpack »

FarmerPug wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 pm i dont doubt the hdi could do more than 110, its actually not much from 2 litres, and i do think its a bit little for a car the size of the 406. And vag tdi's seem to get remapped all the time with no problems. I havent had mine remapped yet, whats the story with the insurance?
But of a thread resurrection but about 2 years ago I remapped our b5.5 passat tdi 130 to 170bhp and really flys. I've noticed no ill effects and as long as you keep on top of the maintenance with oil changes and such it will be fine. It still surprises me now, the way it pulls. It used to be all done by around 3.5k now its pulling hard all the way to the red line and the way it goes from 70 to 100 is unbelievable for a 13 year old 1.9 diesel.
1984 924 2.0 n/a crystal Green - The daily
2005 VW Passat tdi 130 Highline, now 170bhp & 290ft/lb
2000 Peugeot 406 2.0 hdi - stood for 4 years, fresh mot and mostly working.