Starting troubles...

Discuss, ask, or get help with engine and mechanical queries in here.

Moderator: Moderators

bangernom1cs
2.0 16v

Re: Starting troubles...

Post by bangernom1cs »

Hi,
Changed the Hp Pump regulator this morning, albeit with a low mileage secondhand one, . . . still got the same problem.
?????? not starting when hot unless I use the easy start.

T
Last edited by bangernom1cs on Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

Oh dear. I suspected the pump with mine because if it wears it may not develop enough pressure when the fuel is hot and its viscosity is lower, happens to BMW IDI pumps. If you can get the fuel pressure read both when cold and hot it should give you a clue, can't remember if you have access to a Lexia.

Peter
bangernom1cs
2.0 16v

Post by bangernom1cs »

Im not up on the techno stuff. sorry. .
The garage I'm using ,they are using a snap-on branded laptop thing. which covers many cars.
Wolud a wearing pump just suddenly start to give this trouble even though its performed faultlessly
up until now? Ive no objection to changing anything tbh. . Just would prefer to get it sorted asap as it my daily earner.

Many thanks

t
PeterN
3.0 24v

Post by PeterN »

You really need the proper PSA diagnostic gear. If you go on to the French Car Forum somewhere there is a list of members with it, see if you can find one near you, assuming you are in the UK, they are a pretty helpful bunch.

Peter
bangernom1cs
2.0 16v

Post by bangernom1cs »

Thanks!
Just a quick update.
I re-fitted the cars original 370k cam sensor and it appears to be (well for tonight) working properly.
Criuse control function has returned. So much for new but non original parts!

Will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help everyone.

T