[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
406oc.co.uk • View topic - 'Nuther One Bites the Dust

'Nuther One Bites the Dust

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

'Nuther One Bites the Dust

Postby trufflehunt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:17 pm

Just to say my 406 packed up on me last December halfway up the A38 to Bristol.
HIgh pressure pump had failed. As I'd already been mentally adding up the various items
that needed sorting before the MOT that was due In February, I kind of gave up
at that point, and let it go.

Must say, in 40+ years driving, I've owned lots of cars, and although I've always enjoyed
most of them, and appreciate them for what they are, a 'beater' or an expensive one,
I can honestly say that the 406 was just about the best, and most satisfying combination
of driving enjoyment, sufficient power to have the occasional burst, comfort and and economy.

I'm currently driving my rolling project, Mazda MX5. 32mpg, not enjoying. And I seem to alight from the
car feeling vaguely annoyed. I think it's the directness, and total involvement, next to impossible to do
a relaxed cruise.

Anyone have experience of running a Xsara Picasso HDi (90bhp), 50 - 60 mpg ?
2000 "W" HDI 110 Executive Saloon (Retired).
trufflehunt
2.0 Turbo

Re: 'Nuther One Bites the Dust

Postby steve_earwig » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Ah well, it is what it is. That's the thing running bangers, you gotta know when to pull the plug...

Feel free to hang about!

Pickarsole 90? Mate has a 1.6 petrol which he really likes, he has a mate with an HDi, both do round the town journeys but the petrol gets better consumption. That's all I know.
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby Doggy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Shame about that, hope you find a suitable replacement, which is no easy task.

My bro shelled out £1k for an 04-plate X-type 2.0D and wound up getting £80 scrap value after 2 months due to a HP pump failure. :roll:
Next, he bought a 53-plate 406 110 exec estate with under 80k miles for £700-ish....
This ones got badly repaired accident damage, water ingress and a few other 'opportunities for improvement'

Good Luck.
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 am

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby piglet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm

2003 estate Hdi90 Siemens Fully pimped (roofrack&towbar)
piglet
2.2 16v

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:38 pm

One of our Neighbours has a Hybrid Euroshitbox thing and when he alights from the car he looks like a smug twat. The twat.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby Doggy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 pm

2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Return to General Chat