[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
406oc.co.uk • View topic - Washing your own car - a dying hobby?

Washing your own car - a dying hobby?

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Washing your own car - a dying hobby?

Postby Bailes1992 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 am

Read 300pages of the Dacia forum last night to find out after 2014 Dacia moved the production to Europe and all rust issues have since stopped. Sounds like there was a quality control issue in India.

I will however lather it in Bilt Hamber products as I absolutely love them. I painted all the wheel arches on the Astra in BH Dynax UB and the garage that changed the timing belt couldn't believe how good the stuff was. If they scratched it with a knife or screwdriver it would self heal a few seconds, but yet totally dry to touch like candle wax.

I've got a reasonably free afternoon so I'm going to go out and see the car by myself and if it's any good leave a deposit as I'm worried it's going to sell before Saturday and there's nothing local with a similar spec.
2016 Ford Focus Style 1.5TDCi (120ps) - Company Car
2016 Dacia Duster Laureate 1.5DCi 4WD - Wife's
1996 Land Rover Defender 90 County SW 300TDi - Toy
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:35 am

I HATE researching into new cars, the internet is good AND bad for this. If you believed most of it then our Citroen and Renault should be baked bean tins by now but they're fine.

Hope you got on ok? must be weird viewing a 'budget' car and making a judgement over interior quality etc I bet the Polo is quite high spec in caparison.
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby Bailes1992 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:43 am

I went to see it this morning. Checked all the rust problem areas and there wasn't a hint of rust anywhere.

Took it for a good drive, reminded me a lot of a Vauxhall Vivaro I used to drive when I was on the tools. I suppose they're both made by Renault! That isn't a bad thing as I always found them very smooth and comfortable things to drive.

Got offered £6k for the Polo which is what I paid for it 12 months ago so stuck a deposit on the Duster and will take Becca down to see it on Saturday.
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:54 pm

£6K for the Polo :shock:

I bet you were thinking £4.5?
Welly

Postby Bailes1992 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I was expecting £4.8k to £5.3k.

Well happy with the deal, just hope Becca likes it.
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:42 pm

It's ok you've only put a deposit on a car that she's not even seen, WCPGW? :P
Welly

Postby Doggy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Expectations might need a bit of management there.
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Postby Bailes1992 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:22 pm

Bailes1992

Postby highlander » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:36 pm

Round here, EVERY. SINGLE. DACIA. I've ever seen has been driven in the same way stereotypical Audi drivers drive:

- driving 20+ MPH over the limit (yes, even in town)
- driver either wearing huge over-ear headphones or holding a mobile phone to their ear
- driving with one hand (well, a couple of fingers at the most) on the wheel
- driving right up people's back bumpers
- not bothering with indicators
- over-eager use of the horn
- a strong willingness to extend the middle finger or make the "w**ker" sign at anyone they perceive as being in their way (basically everyone, on account of the Dacia driver driving like a twat).

The only other badge I've ever seen exhibiting such an appalling level of driving skill 100% of the time is "VXR"...

Sam + Becca - please buck that trend and drive your Dacia with skill and decorum.

2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior.
You put your foot down and the car just goes "GRRRRRAAAWWWRRRR"
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:47 pm

:arrowu: see above change to BMW drivers ( & yes I've owned 3) :arrowu:
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue!
With great power comes great responsablity!!!!!!
(I'm still looking for the f*****g power)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pp2000 owner / user, can offer Diagnostic's / fault code, reading / clearing for beer tokens in Leicestershire.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:00 am

Welly

Postby steve_earwig » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:28 am

Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby Doggy » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 pm

Number plate date-code snobbery.

Drivers of older cars are duty bound to get of their way, apparently.
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Postby steve_earwig » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby Bailes1992 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 am

Went to see the Duster with Becca yesterday and she was happy with it. Hoping to pick it up Tuesday.
Bailes1992

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat