and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Post by Welly » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 am

Great progress update thanks, can I borrow a piece of firewood please? :lol:

I've not seen a sand sub-base like that before, interesting the different methods used around the world; proving again it doesn't have to be done a certain way.
Cars in my care:

2005 Volvo S40 T5 a bit pampered
2010 Citroen C4 1.6 HDi turbo de' explosions
2010 Renner Twingo refreshingly simple

Welly

Re: and this week i have mostly been...

Post by Welly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 am

...getting bullied.

I mean 'little car' bullied.

I've been driving the Twingo for 2 weeks (more on this later) and the amount of road bullying I've experienced is shocking :shock: it's as if whoever comes up behind me is thinking "I must get past this car" and it escalates from there. Err, hello, I'm doing the same speed as the car in front of ME, WTF do you expect me to do?

Really, really odd.

In Volvo news I've had 2 x Front Wishbones fitted (again) which is all good....went to get it tracked at my favourite tracking emporium and one of the track rod ends won't budge and the nut on the end of the steering rod mushed up (or they mushed it up whatevs) so no tracking for me :( .

Dispatched from there I ordered a new 'nut' from the volvo dealer for the steering rod end whilst my friendly garage order a track rod end (£15.00). The single nut was £5.00 from Volvo inc postage....it turned up and was wrong, I got sent a ball joint nut, great.

I then managed to agree with the volvo dealer the actual nut I need (£6.00) which is now winging its way to me in the post to "possibly" turn up today or "maybe" Saturday :roll: meanwhile the mechanic is screamingly busy and is trying to 'fit me in' around other jobs during week days which will mean driving the car with tyre-scrubbing tracking and maybe not getting the work done anyway, need to pin him down to a proper booking which always seems to go tits up (he's quite cheap and very competent and has a constant stream of punters) i.e. he charged me £45.00 to fit two wishbones including battling with the undertray which I'd fashioned 'special' fixings for :oops:
Cars in my care:

Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Post by Doggy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:47 am

Know what you mean, I get 'old car' bullied quite a lot these days. I'd be surprised if you don't get that in the Volvo too.

Hope you get it sorted soon/painlessly.
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate

Welly

Post by Welly » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:31 pm

I do get bullied along in the Volvo too, being as it's nearly 14 years old so a complete death trap in most motorists eyes.

Their bullying stops though when I poke the gas and 220 Swedish horses.....
Cars in my care: