[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
406oc.co.uk • View topic - and today i have mostly been...

and today i have mostly been...

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Re: and today i have mostly been...

Postby Doggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Now't wrong with paranoia, so long as you have just the right amount.

HTH :D
2003 HDi 2.2 6-speed Exec Estate
Doggy
Mod with a 2.2 HDi, De-Fapped!

Postby Welly » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby Doggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:44 pm

ERROR 06 Paranoia level too high or too low.
Please calm down or focus as necessary.
Doggy

Postby steve_earwig » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:50 pm

Heading To Hell?

It's because when someone else is doing it you think they must know what they're doing (I have evidence that you'd be wrong here)

Whereas, when you do it, you've been listening to t'wife too much and doubt your own competence.
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby highlander » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 pm

2002 (D9) Peugeot 406 Coupe SE, 2.2 litre Petrol. Scarlet Red/Rouge Ecarlate/Rosso Scarlatto. Black Leather interior.
You put your foot down and the car just goes "GRRRRRAAAWWWRRRR"
highlander
PowerFlow Shill

Postby Doggy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Graeme, you know I can't answer that.
Doggy

Postby Welly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:55 am

I definitely didn't find the correct Torque values on the web for the caliper bolts yesterday (after completing the job) and definitely didn't get home and strip the whole lot to re-torque bolts to correct values or anything, no that never happened.

My previous 'by hand' torques felt very similar to the torque wrench ones in the end.
Welly

Postby OllieNZ » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:20 am

OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Postby PeterN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Looks very nice - and useful. When I started repairing my motors I don't think they had torque wrenches, at least I certainly didn't, you did things up by size and feel, the only thing I use one for now is head bolts. The usual thing that happened was over tightening and after breaking a few things and having to repair them you soon learn't.

Peter
PeterN
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Ollie - that looks a good buy for sure, I always forget about that model, certainly don't notice them around too much, seem to see a lot of the big Citroens instead. Hope it serves you well should shift along nicely with a remap and some de-strangling :D

In terms of Torque settings, the more I looked into them and brake calipers the more I wondered if it's more to do with risk and arse-covering. I was advised to torque the caliper mounting brackets to 100NM (18mm bolts) and the Caliper slide pin mountings (13mm bolts) to 32NM which to be fair 'felt' about right. Then came the argument over using threadlock on the bolts, don't really see a need for this unless it's something rotating at eleventy million rpm :?
Welly

Postby OllieNZ » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 pm

OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Postby PeterN » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 pm

I still use that principle, the older I get the longer breaker bar I have to buy. :?

Peter
PeterN
3.0 24v

Postby Doggy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 am

....waiting at East Midlands Airport, cattle class to Faro, sometime soon, maybe. :roll:
Doggy

Postby OllieNZ » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 am

OllieNZ
2.0 Turbo

Postby steve_earwig » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:38 am

Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat