[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
406oc.co.uk • View topic - Thinking about selling my car

Thinking about selling my car

Just your normal general chatting in here..

Moderator: Moderators

Thinking about selling my car

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Thu May 04, 2017 10:02 pm

As the title state's,
Toying with the idea of selling the old girl :?
I will post up some fresh pictures & a list of current spec
Also listing what's been done during my ownership.

Just wondering if anyone's interested
Cheers DDD.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue!
With great power comes great responsablity!!!!!!
(I'm still looking for the f*****g power)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pp2000 owner / user, can offer Diagnostic's / fault code, reading / clearing for beer tokens in Leicestershire.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Re: Thinking about selling my car

Postby GingerMagic » Thu May 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Have you found a V6 Coupe then Paul?
1999 T4 family wagon, slow as a turd but the kids like it
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso Hdi90 - Dirtied by the kids, Dented by the wife....
Sadly sold the 406, best cars I have ever owned
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.
GingerMagic
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Fri May 05, 2017 9:26 am

Bet he's seen a lovely Volvo 8)
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Fri May 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Na Kelv,
The idea is to garage the coupe, it'd be a weekend toy.

Welly,
I can't afford a Volvo, not one I'd buy anyway.

There's no good reason for selling her other than I fancy a change, there's nothing wrong with her at all
in fact the things I did to her in the last 12 months are making this a very hard decision :roll:

pp2000 owner / user, can offer Diagnostic's / fault code, reading / clearing for beer tokens in Leicestershire.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Mon May 08, 2017 8:09 am

Why not keep the car and spend a little bit of money on something for the home/garden/family?

Better the devil you know and all that.....
Welly

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Fri May 19, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Guy's,
Just thought I'd post a quick update,

So after much consideration & consternation or should that be constipation a decision has been made :shock:

1. The old girl is staying put & will continue to do her duties until she dies a death or is condemned by the MOT inspector :supafrisk:

2. The one who must be obeyed is getting new lounge / hallway / stairs & landing carpet :roll:

3. I'm going to look at a 3.0 V6 manual coupe tomorrow :cheesy:

It's going to be a project / summer weekend toy that the whole family can enjoy 8)

Pic's to follow if bought, wish me luck :wink:

Laters DDD.

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Well,
It's not coming home with me, was a lovely car but I was really worried about the amount of engine oil every where :shock:
& believe me when I say every where, I mean EVERY WHERE.
Do you remember how people use to paint the underside of the car with used engine oil to protect it,
well this was like that & with all the other issues I felt it was just too much work at the moment :roll:

Could be a lovely motor for someone with the skills / space / time but it's just not me :(

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby jonsowman » Sun May 21, 2017 9:25 am

Do you have a link to it? And could you tell where it was coming from? The sumps and cam covers are known for leaking oil on these.
2002 V6 SE Coupé (210bhp) - (Aegean Blue)
2002 D9 2.2 HDi Exec Estate - Samarkand Blue
PM me for PP2000 diagnostics around Surrey
jonsowman
3.0 24v

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Mon May 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi Jon,
It was the sump / cam covers & the four cam seals I believe.
There's no pics of the oil leak just the sellers description.
But I had the car up on a trolley jack with a 3000 cree light & the oil was just every where.

It was just more work than I was prepared to take on at the moment,
I work 60 hours a week most weeks, run two car's (myself)
Job's round the house,
Oh & a 9 & 7 year old that play football / swimming / cub's / mountain biking & dirt biking just to name a few :wink:

So I don't really know what I was thinking :roll: :roll:

I'll just keep biding my time & wait for the right car to come up at the right time.

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 am

Welly

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Tue May 23, 2017 10:08 pm

:arrowu: :lol: :arrowu: ,
Just let me remove the brush from my back passage welters old boy,
I'll be round in a jiffy, no worries mates rates :cheesy:

dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Return to General Chat