Outside Temp Sensor

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 am

Hi! Anyone know any wiring for outside temp sensor?
I replaced the MFD (retrofit). The car now say : -- C I look the pessenger side mirror...ther wasnt any sensor.
I bought a new sensor. But a dont know the wiring for it.

User avatar
steve_earwig
Moderator
Posts: 18720
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by steve_earwig » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 am

The diagrams are a bit vague on this one, there should be either an 18-way black connector or a 13-way blue, then it gets a bit useless - the wires should be 721 & 722 but the labelling is dreadful. Looking on the (much more helpful) full-mux diagrams the wires are 6433 & 6434, not sure why they'd be different.
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - sold but being very well looked after.
1991 Yamaha TDM850 - fuel leaks galore!
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Can somebody stand by with an extinguisher?

PeterN
3.0 24v
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Location: Charmouth, Dorset

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by PeterN » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:49 am

I think it is in the passenger side mirror, I'm pretty sure I have replaced one, but that's the 'passenger' side for RHD cars, I wonder if the OPs is LHD.

Peter

Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:01 pm

steve_earwig wrote:The diagrams are a bit vague on this one, there should be either an 18-way black connector or a 13-way blue, then it gets a bit useless - the wires should be 721 & 722 but the labelling is dreadful. Looking on the (much more helpful) full-mux diagrams the wires are 6433 & 6434, not sure why they'd be different.
And where can i find these wires? The door connector? Inside the door i cant find any cables...next to the mirror only the mirror heat white connector.

User avatar
steve_earwig
Moderator
Posts: 18720
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by steve_earwig » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:41 pm

Sorry, you're correct that is a 13-way white connector (BA is white, BE is blue :oops: ). And the other end goes to the... BSI :( 26-way blue (yes BE) connector, probably not pins 23 & 24.

PeterN wrote:I think it is in the passenger side mirror, I'm pretty sure I have replaced one, but that's the 'passenger' side for RHD cars, I wonder if the OPs is LHD.

Peter
I think I'd better check that :? Sedre just says "passenger door mirror" for semi-mux but in the far more helpful full-mux installation diagrams it shows the left-hand door for right-hand drive cars and the right-hand door for left-hand drive cars. So for once it might actually not be talking rubbish...
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - sold but being very well looked after.
1991 Yamaha TDM850 - fuel leaks galore!
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Can somebody stand by with an extinguisher?

Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Okey. I will check the connectors front the door. My car is a left hand drive.
On BSI wich connector? First I will probe the temp sensor directly to BSI.

User avatar
GingerMagic
3.0 24v
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:02 pm
Location: Bournemouth

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by GingerMagic » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Get a replacement temp sensor from a scrapyard ( citroen and peugeot are the same sensor usually )
Remove the passenger mirror glass ( RHD cars :cheesy: ), undo a couple of torx screws, snip the wires and reconnect the new sensor.
The sensor is a small black lump under the mirror, easier to feel it than see it.
1999 T4 family wagon, slow as a turd but the kids like it
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso Hdi90 - Dirtied by the kids, Dented by the wife....
Sadly sold the 406, best cars I have ever owned
PP2000 user, can help with faults / diagnostics in the Bournemouth area.

Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 am

GingerMagic wrote:Get a replacement temp sensor from a scrapyard ( citroen and peugeot are the same sensor usually )
Remove the passenger mirror glass ( RHD cars :cheesy: ), undo a couple of torx screws, snip the wires and reconnect the new sensor.
The sensor is a small black lump under the mirror, easier to feel it than see it.
My car originally dont have temp sensor. I just want install it. I updated the MFD. I know where is it. But there arent any cables in my car for the sensor.

Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:16 am

steve_earwig wrote:Sorry, you're correct that is a 13-way white connector (BA is white, BE is blue :oops: ). And the other end goes to the... BSI :( 26-way blue (yes BE) connector, probably not pins 23 & 24.
Ok i checked it. On BSI blue 26pin connector i find the cables. 721 orange cable on pin 24 ..but on pin 23 green thicker cable (i cant find any number on it)... i put on my temp sensor here..and its smoked out :(

PeterN
3.0 24v
Posts: 1331
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 pm
Location: Charmouth, Dorset

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by PeterN » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 am


Szmoryboy
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: Outside Temp Sensor

Post by Szmoryboy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 am

I find the 2 cables. 722 and 721 on the pessenger side door connector. I bought a new temp sensor. I Will probe it to here :)

Post Reply