[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 78: Undefined variable: Array
406oc.co.uk • View topic - Folding door mirrors folded and refusing to budge

Folding door mirrors folded and refusing to budge

Talk about the 406's electrical system, what wires do what, how to add extra functionality, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby BikerDon » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm

1999 Peugeot 406 Executive 2.0 HDI Estate Manual

Recently (several weeks) found an Executive door mirror in a local breaker after searching for many months, huzzah!
Was so chuffed to have the ext. thermometer back and a working passenger-side door mirror.

All was working fine until I changed the battery yesterday :cry:
On the way home the drivers window went haywire, must have lost the end points for the one-touch up and down.
Several attempts at lowering and raising the window seemed to have fixed that.

Then later in the day I parked up and folded the mirrors, because I could :cheesy: , then on return to the car they refused to budge and have done so ever since.
The adjusting joystick still moves both mirror glasses but not much use as I can only see me in the mirrors :lol:

I disconnected the battery cables and held them together for thirty seconds to reset and discharge all capacitors as recommended by a mechanic friend of mine - no change unfortunately :cry:

Any ideas on diagnosing or even a fix please?
BikerDon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Electrical System and Diagnostics