Door mat

Talk about whats Hot or Not in your 406. Fitting Leather? New Steering Wheel? Changed the pedals? Ask and tell in here!

Moderator: Moderators

NinoB
2.0 16v

Door mat

Post by NinoB »

Hi.. My door mat is peeling off around the handle.. I tried several gum and adhesive but it did not work.. Someone told me that it will not hold back because it was a SKIN.. But i don't believe it.. I believe there is an adhesive that will hold it back and seal it.. Please can anyone suggest a good adhesive for SKIN that can be applied on door mat or any trick that i can fix it?
Attachments
IMG_20200802_111652.jpg
(1.51 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Wul
1.6 8v

Re: Door mat

Post by Wul »

I have seen few 406s with the same peeling problem and usually all of them are missing a piece of plastic around the handle. I think if you can restore those piece, it would not peel again. Here's the piece I'm talking about, pointed with screwdriver (I found this image on Google):

NinoB
2.0 16v

Re: Door mat

Post by NinoB »

I got ur point.. But i ve the plastic cover but iy does not stay because the skin leather has peeled from inside q.. So i thought i will have a good adhesive that will mend it together the after that i eill restore the plastic back..