Page 4 of 4

Re: My GTX

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:53 pm
by caprixpack
Didn't get chance to start the sump job at the weekend, ended up having to visit family :roll:

Anyway had a spare hour this morning so got things rolling.
All the crap out of the way, bit annoying that you have to take the tensioner off but there we go.

Image

Aircon pump tied up out of the way.

Image

Sum pins out and in the corresponding holes on the new sump.

Image

I'll remove the old sump tomorrow if I get time.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:29 pm
by caprixpack
I had some spare time this afternoon so I carried on with the sump swap.
New sump cleaned and ready for sealer.
Image

Old sump removed.
Image

New sump fitted, did take a while to remove all the old sealer and clean up the surface though.
Image

I'll give it overnight to set then refit all the other bits tomorrow.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:36 pm
by caprixpack
Well I couldn't wait and while it's still warm out I carried on, and fitted the air con compressor, boost pipe and other bits.
Hmm must sort that rust out.
Image

Also while under the thing I noticed the lower engine mount has started to let go. And for the time being I can't be arsed to take the drive shaft out to replace it so filled it with some sikaflex in the hope it will buy some time until it does let go. The socket is there to keep everything central while the stuff sets.
Image

Re: My GTX

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:06 pm
by caprixpack
Well I think the 600 mile trip over the weekend has finished off the noisy rear wheel bearing, where it used to rumble under heavy cornering and at around 70 mph it now rumbling constantly.
A quick search and phone around found that ECP would get me one for £ 77, and a few if the local motor factors wanted from £80 to over a £100.
Anyway had a search on ebay and came across this.
Image
£25 with free postage. I've used BRT bearings before and not had a problem even though I believe they are like first-line and just redistribute other brands, just hope it has the correct number of teeth.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:03 am
by caprixpack
Not done much to the GTX for a while now, still not fitted the wheel bearing :roll: regarding the brake fluid loss I believe I've tracked it down to the clutch slave cylinder. Gave Peugeot a call and they said the part is in high demand and it would probably be early September before they could get one, phoned my local ecp and they have one on the shelf so will pick that up this morning.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:31 pm
by caprixpack
The only picture I got of doing the job as it started raining.

Image

Also found that the drives side front flexi hose is almost completely perished where it passes through a plastic sleeve that holds it in place. It's so bad that when you press the brake pedal it doesn't just seep out it squirts.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:21 pm
by GingerMagic
I recently bought a clutch slave cylinder for my Coupe, but it was the wrong part ( my fault ) it was half price from GSF, £24, but it has a missing seal or connector on the end - worth checking before you leave the motor factors.....
Also, a tip to bleed it is to force fluid into the slave cylinder bleed nipple using an oil can or syringe, and this pushes the air out of the top into the master cylinder.

Re: My GTX

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:52 pm
by caprixpack
Picked up the flexi hose, just waiting for the rain to stop.
Image

Re: My GTX

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:08 pm
by caprixpack
So much for an easy job, anyway here goes.

The problem.
Image

The first problem arose when I tried to undo the flair nut at the top of the flexi hose, judging by the state of it I'd say it's the original and was completely solid and even using a flair nut spanner it rounded off. So the only way to remove it was to cut it off :roll: which means...
Image
The next problem was trying to remove the flair nut caliper side and once again totally solid. So off comes the caliper.
Image
I soaked it in plusgas then cut the end of the hose off, attached the mole grips and still it wouldn't budge. The only other option was to apply heat, very lightly as I didn't want to damage seals and what not.
Unfortunately the rain set in again so will have to put it on hold for now. Made a bung to stop sh*t getting in and brake fluid pissing out.
Image
In the meantime I've made up the new hard brake line ready to go back on. Will probably need a bit of tweaking but it's pretty close.
Image