My Focus

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com

Re: My Focus

Postby Bailes1992 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:50 pm

I don't think Becca & I will ever have kids. Neither of us really want them and once we are settled in a bigger house we want to start travelling a bit.

I have a sister who wants kids and Becca has two brothers who all want kids so I suspect there will be a minimum of 6 nieces and nephews about.

Anyway... 2 weeks today I'll be married. :lol:
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Re: My Focus

Postby Bailes1992 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:24 am

Paid to have a software update done last week as the car was going in to the dealer to have another 2 wheels replaced under warranty.
The stuttering and bogging down might be happening a bit less but it's still there. However... the car is faster (much much faster) and the throttle is more linear. It used to feel like 50-60% of throttle was in the first 25% of the pedal travel where now it's much more linear and nicer to use. £78 well spent I think!

It does look like I will be having the EGR and DPF removed now though. I was hoping if it would drive right after the software update and I could just get a stage one remap and install water/meth injection to keep the intake & turbo clean and boost the lower a little more.

A bit annoyed as I done an oil change yesterday and found my two front Pirellis which have 5mm left on them are shot on the inside edge and almost down to the canvas. The car seems to have dropped another 10-15mm the last 6 months so I think it's knocked the alignment out some more so now I have excessive toe-out or possibly camber (I hope it's not camber!).

I'd been running the car on oils that exceeded Ford 913D specification and had lower SAPS than Fords specified oils to protect the DPF but as I will be getting shot of the DPF in the next year or so I have moved to Mobil1 Turbo Diesel 0w40 A3/B4. That said I'm unsure how necessary mid or low SAPS are in a car that doesn't consume any oil.

Mobil1 Turbo Diesel/New Life (same oils, different label) 0w40 is a fully synthetic group 4 PAO oil. Most synthetics you buy on the shelf in our country are group 3 super hydrocracked mineral oils. I cannot believe the difference it's made. The engine is so quiet and smooth, never has it been so smooth! I'll get an oil analysis done after 6k and providing all is well I think it'll be my year-round pick of oils. I can run it in Beccas Polo too as it carries VW 502/505 specification.
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Previous

Return to Pug pictures