My Focus

Post pictures here! Host them in the gallery or at another online hosting site like photobucket.com

Re: My Focus

Postby Bailes1992 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 am

Welly wrote:Does the Ford regen by injecting fuel in the during the eggsauce stroke? if so Volvo's system used to be similar and would fill the sump with Diesel, literally :roll: the answer? drain some 'fluid' from the sump and leave it :roll:

The Shitrun uses eoloys and I don't believe it needs to inject further diesel to complete the regen? it just loads up the car's electrical systems to force you into driving harder (more heat). Or something.

All modern dizzlers are sh*t. Sam I don't understand why you don't just do your engine mods now? why wait for the warranty? in my view you're more likely to create a warranty claim by leaving the emissions crap in place whereas with it all removed you've just got an 'engine' running much cleaner and therefore more reliable. Worst case for you would be a knackered DMF/Clutch (not warranted) or a set of injectors/HP pump at worst.

Even with Eoloys the car performs a post combustion injection sequence to heat up the DPF. Eoloys just lowers the temperature that the soot burns for an easier regen. Instead of Eoloys my DPF has some special coating inside to perform the same thing. :roll:

Engine mods will be coming. I'm going to wait for the next oil change analysis to decide if I'm keeping the DPF or not. I can't put up with this level of fuel dilution obviously, it's really going to harm the engine long term. I'm also going to look into getting an oil pan like this...
http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/oil-pan ... 61005.html
It doesn't have the stupid raised sump plug that stops you draining all the oil out like the OEM sump.

At 50k the car is only under warranty for another 10k which I'll probably do in the next 6 months.

Money is an issue at the moment. Not skint but absolutely destroyed the savings. Getting married in June and the wedding, holiday and party along with putting a new bathroom in the house has just cost us about £5k. :roll:

Considering I want to fit a Focus RS airbox, airtec intercooler and a cat-back exhaust on the car before it goes in for a remap it's going to set me back the best part of £1000.
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:59 pm

A little word of advice if I may; try not to let your desire for the car modifications get in the way of the Wedding and all the associated things. You need to do the Wedding thing primarily and then maybe get back to the car once the confetti has settled......

As men I don't think we're particularly fussed about all the other stuff that surrounds the act of 'getting married' but to a woman it is VERY important and she needs to see your interest too.

That might sound weird to some but having met you both I hope that buys me the right to dictate my experiences to you :cheesy:

Oh and good luck :mrgreen:
Respected Motorist wrote:I've been driving for years and never had any problems with night time visibility until these new cars came out with their stupid bright headlights
Welly
The moderator formally known as Welton

Postby Bailes1992 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:02 am

Welly wrote:A little word of advice if I may; try not to let your desire for the car modifications get in the way of the Wedding and all the associated things. You need to do the Wedding thing primarily and then maybe get back to the car once the confetti has settled......

As men I don't think we're particularly fussed about all the other stuff that surrounds the act of 'getting married' but to a woman it is VERY important and she needs to see your interest too.

That might sound weird to some but having met you both I hope that buys me the right to dictate my experiences to you :cheesy:

Oh and good luck :mrgreen:

Of course, wedding and the house always goes before the car. Only reason I upgraded the brakes was because the old ones needed replacing anyway.

To be honest, neither of us wanted a fuss. We are going up to Gretna with our parents only (you'll be amazed how many people that 'offended'). If we could have some forms sent to the house to sign and send back that would have suited us down to the ground. We've been together 8 years and we don't want kids, what is marriage really going to change? The marriage is for formalities only.

We looked into a civil partnership but you can only get one if you're a gay couple. But gay couples can get married? How discriminatory is that?

However, we are looking forward to the holiday afterwards! :supafrisk:
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:36 am

You could always make out that you are gay? I wouldn't be offended :)

Me and Mrs_Welly were very similar; we got married in a Registry Office there was about 12 people there just immediate close family. It was on a Friday on one of the nicest September days I can remember. After the wedding we went for a nice meal at a Hotel/Restaurant where we had a room :supafrisk: and then later some friends popped in for a drink.

Someone came up to me later that night and said it was the best wedding they'd been to due to it being simple with no fuss.

I remember it cost us £1,000.00 all-in. That was in 1995, what would that cost now? £2,500.00? something like that.
Respected Motorist wrote:I've been driving for years and never had any problems with night time visibility until these new cars came out with their stupid bright headlights
Welly

Postby Bailes1992 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm

If you take the Polo into consideration I've spent a small fortune since December.

Polo - £2,500 deposit + £3,500 Finance @ 0%
Bathroom - £2,100 and still rising :roll:
Wedding - £2,100 including 3 rooms for 2 nights & registrars fee
Honeymoon - £1,800

Total £8,500 :cry:

Plus I want to replace all my central heating pipework that has been lashed in this year, fix all the 'patched in' floor boards that have been done to a fantastically low standard, fit new carpets and decorate. :lol:
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Postby Captain Jack » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Our wedding cost nearly £25k with the honeymoon. One of the best days of my life though and it was all rather grand. Hey, I'll never do it again (hopefully), so for me it was worth it.

Paying very little attention to my car at the moment, since it's sat on the drive most of the time - the perks of home working. It does need new belts this year, being 10 years old, so I'll fit that in at some point.
2003 - 2008: 1998 Peugeot 406 2.1 TD 110bhp LX Saloon
2008 - 2009: 2004 Honda Accord 2.2 CDTI 136bhp Executive Saloon
2009 - 2013: 2002 Peugeot 406 2.0 HDI 110bhp Executive Saloon
2013 - ????: 2007 Peugeot 407 2.2 HDI 170bhp Executive Saloon (mapped to 213bhp :twisted:)
Captain Jack
3.0 24v

Postby Welly » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:58 pm

*faints*
Welly

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 pm

We spent just over 12 grand nearly 11years ago, but we did do it in Jamaica & were there for 3 weeks :cheesy:
I was very glad we did it that way, but I had to sell my prized RG500 to help finance it :cry:

That was one of the hardest things I have ever done, parting with that,
I'd wanted one since I first clapped eyes on one in my local Suzuki dealers at the tender age of 13.
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue!
With great power comes great responsablity!!!!!!
(I'm still looking for the f*****g power)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pp2000 owner / user, can offer Diagnostic's / fault code, reading / clearing for beer tokens in Leicestershire.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

Postby Bailes1992 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 am

I'd spend that sort of money on a holiday. I would like to go and spend a few months in America if I had the chance. But on a wedding? No.

Maybe its a generation thing but I don't see what's 'special' about a wedding. It's the same person I've already been with for 8 years, we're far from celibate and we already live together. It will change nothing. I get years ago when nobody daren't have sex or move out together until they were married but today I think it's all blown out of proportion.

My new job I get 28 days a year holiday, PLUS two weeks off for Christmas AND bank holidays. So assuming I finish doing what I want to the house this year, next year I'm going to try make a bit of an effort to travel. A friend of mine is nagging me to do rust to Rome with him next year which sounds interesting!

Also... had a letter through from the pension company I had my pension with in my last company. In 5 years I saved a fantastic £470 which I can now have back and use for car parts! 8)

I've decided on I'm going to get a Whiteline 24mm Rear Anti-Roll Bar, a Focus RS Air Box and do a rear disc conversion.
2015 Ford Focus Titanium
1.5TDCi (120ps)
Bailes1992

Postby Welly » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

DDD it sounds like you missed the motorbike more than you enjoyed marrying t'wife :lol:

True story: friends* of ours husband sold his sports bike about 10 years ago to pay for his wife's (quite frankly lacking) boobage to be, ahem, 'enhanced' through the murky world of silicone implants in order that said boobage was more boobage-like which, to be fair, was successful albeit obvious. Now the jury is still out as to whether 'he' benefited from the slightly biased deal, my opinion is that he has not benefited but at least he's "safe" now he hasn't got a motorbike to bez around on :(
Welly

Postby steve_earwig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:24 am

It'd be even better if she then ran off with the milkman.... It's about self-image and self-esteem really. Unless she's opted for the barrage balloon option, in which case she's probably got more things to worry about than falling over backwards.

I was quite worried when we got married, we only did it for "don't send me back to the UK!" type reasons but, before you have that bit of paper there's no pressure, you both know where the door is, but once you have it it's kind of forced on you that there's no escape. So we opted for the registry office option, with only a dozen or so family and friends, and afterwards a quiet bit of nosh in a local restaurant (I said quite, none of that horrible "music" please, just a looped tape of a cat being fed into a shredder, ta.)
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby Welly » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:57 pm

steve_earwig wrote:and afterwards a quiet bit of nosh in a local restaurant

Blimey that's some Wife 8) couldn't she have waited until the Bedroom later?

sorry :oops:
Welly

Postby steve_earwig » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:28 pm

Pfft, I even spent our wedding night in a different house. Just a piece of paper.
Talking bollocks sin©e 2007

2004 D9 2.0 HDi 110 Estate lhd VF38ERHZF81657352 - now slod :( :( :(
1991 Yamaha TDM850
2008 Toyota Recall4 2.0 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTI ATM LHD JTMBH31V90D007261 - flimsy piece of crap.
1953 Matchless G3LS - Seriously!
steve_earwig

Location: Jastrebarsko, Croatia http://www.jastrebarsko.hr/lokacija/

Postby Welly » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:57 pm

If it's any consolation I had to much beer on the Wedding night and promptly fell asleep :roll:
Welly

Postby dirtydirtydiesel » Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Bailes1992 wrote:I'd spend that sort of money on a holiday. I would like to go and spend a few months in America if I had the chance. But on a wedding? No.

Maybe its a generation thing but I don't see what's 'special' about a wedding. It's the same person I've already been with for 8 years, we're far from celibate and we already live together. It will change nothing. I get years ago when nobody daren't have sex or move out together until they were married but today I think it's all blown out of proportion.

My new job I get 28 days a year holiday, PLUS two weeks off for Christmas AND bank holidays. So assuming I finish doing what I want to the house this year, next year I'm going to try make a bit of an effort to travel. A friend of mine is nagging me to do rust to Rome with him next year which sounds interesting!

Also... had a letter through from the pension company I had my pension with in my last company. In 5 years I saved a fantastic £470 which I can now have back and use for car parts! 8)

I've decided on I'm going to get a Whiteline 24mm Rear Anti-Roll Bar, a Focus RS Air Box and do a rear disc conversion.

Sam, you might not see what's so special about a wedding but most women I have met DO!

It must be the eight year itch sam :wink: , we met in 98, bought 2 house's & were happy together BUT I knew the (girlfriend) wanted children
but I had always said NOWAY!!!! fast forward seven years & on a jolly in Cyprus, I was reading a book called Man & Boy
Well it was like a epiphany, during reading said book I had been watching dad's playing with there children on the beach & in the sea.
It was like WHOA!!!! I'm missing out here.

Now I am a bit old school, so not wanting to have children out of wedlock, I proposed that night whilst out for a meal.
The girlfriend said yes & the rest is history as they say.

Now I'm not saying for one minute that it's been easy, but then the best things in life never are, I wouldn't be without my boy's for anything. They bring so much joy into our lives & give you a sense of meaning & purpose. :)

Welly I do miss my 500 (the most fun I had with my clothes on) what makes me feel sick is I sold it for £3500 & ten tears later my bike was up on MCN's web site for £10.500. :shock: :cry:

But I do still have one FZR1000EXUP, two RD350YPVS's & a KDX 250 for S**t's & giggles + I'm going to look at a nice 3.0 V6 coupe tomorrow. :cheesy:

Then I'll be going into competition with Sam on modding! 8)
2002 110 HDi estate, Rapier in monaco blue!
With great power comes great responsablity!!!!!!
(I'm still looking for the f*****g power)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pp2000 owner / user, can offer Diagnostic's / fault code, reading / clearing for beer tokens in Leicestershire.
dirtydirtydiesel
3.0 24v

PreviousNext

Return to Pug pictures